Check out my new Jazz Sounds, I call it Whitey.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliehorse

Reaction score
I got this on Craigslist a couple Sundays ago for $360. <BR> I checked the battery, it was a full Duracell. <BR>I put some some new DRs on it and set the relief and intonation, I got $400 in it now. <BR><BR>
I played a show with it Tuesday, and I was very pleased with the sound and the action. <BR><BR>
Some things I noticed were:
<BR>
1) The bridge does not appear original as some unused screw holes are visible.
<BR>
Judging by the excess wire, it has non-original EMGs in it--probably the knobs too. The pots are bigger than the EMG pots I am familiar with, leading me to think they're quite old. The non-parallel positioning is very cool.<BR>
The position dots look like they are made from metal.
<BR>
The paint goes right up to the top of the fretboard, so I can't tell how thick the fretboard is.
<BR>
The frets are tall and skinny. It will need a fret dress sometime in the future, but I'm not concerned about it presently.<BR>
The tuners are non-original as you can kind of see a center hole where the originals were. The tuners are cool though--"Crocodile" brand. They have long stems and reverse wind. The center is threaded, making me think maybe they are locking tuners, but missing the locking parts? They have an attractive dull patina to them, as does the string tree. <br>I'm not sure of the exact year, but it looks the black JB55 in the catalog. <br> The serial number is L22050.

<br> Enjoy!

bod.jpg

fullback.jpg

fullfront.jpg

fullstock.jpg

I have decided to sell Whitey, as I already have a '78 jazz bass.

I reckon I will put it on Ebay in the near future.

I'll ship it worldwide.

Latest posts

Back