One of those days

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Ever have one of those days...

After much trial and tribulation I have posted some new visitor pics. One is a really sweet tele - with binding.

Also, posted some scans from the 2001 Glay Expo in Japan with some pretty cool Talbo shots. I think the Glay Expo is something akin to Oz Fest here in the US.

Ned

Ton - by jrock you must mean Japanese Rock. Never really heard any and I am guessing that Glay is a band. The factory sent me the material to post on the site.

Ned

GLAY are a massive rock band here in Japan and the GLAY expo was a huge open air concert they did a couple of years ago in Makuhari. In Japan the biggest rock bands never take support bands so it was actually just a big GLAY (pronounced grey, of course. They actually made a mistake spelling it wrong originally and decided it looked cool) show rather than a festival. Inside the hall they had a big tent full of Talbo's on display which is where the pics from the magazine came from.

Anyhoo.. Now my original reason for coming here~

The second guitar I ever owned was a left handed Tokai strat which I think I got about 8 years ago. It's been gathering dust in my parents house since I got my first Les Paul and to be honest I didn't even realise the history of Tokai guitars until I first went to Japan. I'm back in the UK at the moment so I've been able to play with mine for the first time in years and I wondered if you could help give me any info for it?

It's a left handed strat, black body with a white pickboard and ebony fingerboard with stock everything. It has Tokai written on the headstock in gold with GOLDSTAR SOUND written next to it. The serial number is
0 1 3 8 3 8 and... that's pretty much all I know, sorry. I don't even know if it was new or second hand when I first got it. Would you be able to tell me how old it is and how much it might be worth, if anything. :smile:

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Latest posts

Back