1980 Greco EGF850 Super Real

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickdal

Reaction score
Hi guys.....

Here is my 1980 EGF850......thank you Tokai Joe

Showing the lovely fretboard, very exotic, and the abalone logo etc, the neck is a 1959 profile, the pups are the PU-2 and they really are awesome, all top shelf features including nitro, fret edge binding and normal other EGF features, such as quality caps etc. The case is a Gator Tweed....very nice too.

Mick

GrecoEGF850002-1.jpg

GrecoEGF850001.jpg

GrecoEGF850002.jpg

GrecoEGF850037.jpg

GrecoEGF850024.jpg

GrecoEGF850036.jpg

GrecoEGF850012.jpg

GrecoEGF850011.jpg

GrecoEGF850002-1.jpg

Gorgeous, Righteous and all those other adjectives! I'm fighting this temptation at the moment.

Congratulations. Can you describe thos PU-2's please?

:D

Hi guys, thanks for the replies

f5joe
The pu -2's I would describe as being.......no match for modern Gibson pups at all (burstbucker pro) that are in my 2006 just sold, but, were similar to the 490's in my 95 Gibson, just sold. No help there maybe. But, they just give you this warm tone that is sharp, sustain is no problem. Much better than the Tokai 57 PAF's in my LS60...............mate, it's just a real quality sound from 28 year old pups.

Edit: I mean the Gibson burstbucker pro are no match to the PU-2, the PU-2 are better.

marcusnieman
Mate, the weight is 4.2kg or 9lb 1/4 oz, just right for me. In between a light weight lester and a heavy weight.

shilka
pm sent buddy.

Mick

Nice catch Mick & I love that Brazilian fingerboard

If your EGF-850 is anything like my beater EGF-850, it's a great axe, and mine is nearly identicle to my 1980 EGF-1000 in weight, playability, and (acoustic/unplugged) tonal response

The PU2 pickups are my favorite GRECO pickup that I've played, in my 1980 EGF-850

The DiMarzios in my 1980 EGF-1000 are just a tad bit too shrill/treble/brittle but the PU2s have the warmth, definition, and are articulate

I have yet to try the famous Dry Z......................

I must confess that the VH-1s & the L8000s in my Burnys are my most favorite; just a tad hotter than the PU2s, and just slightly more articulate & defined

Hope your new girl rocks your world Mick :wink:

Rich
Thanks, I am very pleased with it....I can compare with the Dry Z soon, when my EG1000C arrives.....shortly. The fretboard I agree looks very Brazilian to me too.

Mick
HaHa, but I can't help but dribble mate, and drooling. Yes looking forward to the EG1000C arriving...will post info,

Mick :lol:

hey dude,
ive the same guitar.

what was the price?
the seller said that it has a 58 neck.
youre sure that the neck is a 59 one?

thanks
matt

I didn't realize the "Jimmy" look until after I received it. The guitar is really nice. I love the beefy neck. It's bigger than my two Tokai LS's, more like a Gibson '58 RI LP neck (perhaps a bit smaller though).

Is your Greco EG1000C visible anywhere?

Back