Burny LPC pup ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3pupLPC

Reaction score
Hi guys- new to the forum here. Was wondering if any of you Burny-experienced guys could help me with IDing these pups in this LPC that I just picked up from Koiz... http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/koizguitar/BurnyLesPaulCustomBlack3Pickup.
Sat from Koiz seemed to think they were Gotoh, but I am not sure.
Thanks for any input.
Doug

Nils states this:
1982-84 L8000 pickups now with grey wire, yellow base plate over 8.0 ohms.
Often black/white (zebra) bobbins
Different screw spacing and ?correct? surrounds. Just a little wider than Gibsons (one millimetre)
Nickel covers on standards

How wide are the gibsons, anybody know?
I have the exact same guitar but with diff trussrod cover. The same head inlay though. I will measure my pickups.

I don't know how wide Gibson are but, My Burny custom's pick-ups wouldn't fit in the pick-up route in my 74' Custom so, they are wider.

That sounds weird..!!, i have 4 different make of japanese LP's including a burny and the pickups fit all of them. The pickup surrounds may vary a bit but all of them have had pickup changes with no problem at all.. :wink:

Mick

Did you put any burny pick-ups into any Gibsons? I tried some L8000 in a 74' custom and the bases were wider than the route in the body, not the pick-up rings.

Quite honestly i wouldn't own a 70's LP, too much crap to sift through to find a good one, and they were screwing around with production methods at this time so who knows which one you've got. My Tokai's and greco's have the correct size route and they fit my burny and visa versa. Gibson pickups fit these guitars as well as there are a few members with gibson pickups in their guitars.. :wink:

Mick

Actually, I was just trying to be helpful. Just pointing out that the older L8000's are a tad wider than Gibson baseplates. Discussion had nothing to do with what guitar was better or suggesting what routes were wrong or right? btw, I got a few tokais and grecos myself :wink:

Thanks for the input gents. I know its all in the ear of the beholder- but are you guys typically happy with your L-8000 tones? I'd rather not drop another 300 bucks for replacements if I dont have to. I don't have the guitar here yet, so I'm just being curious...

There not bad. You should give them a try first and decide if you like them. I had an extra lollar I put in the neck of mine and a Jon Moore pup in the bridge and I like those better but, there kinda high. I'd trust your own ears though.

So anyone got any gibson pu dimensions? Would be kewl to know.

Latest posts

Back