New guy and a Burny LP Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1984 Guy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just swapped a guitar for a Burny LP Custom. Should be in my mitts later this week. My guess is that its an '82-83. I can't wait. Here are some pics.
BurnyLPfront.jpg

BurnyLPrear.jpg

BurnyLPbody.jpg

BurnyLPheadstock.jpg

So, what do you think?

Looks nice!! Early '80's based on the 'correct' diamond inlay. Looks in very good condition.

welcome to the fourm & nice Burny

once you've had the chance to properly evaluate your new find, you should let us know what you think.........

where is Kramerville? (is that where they make Kramer guitars :lol: )
I'm in Saint Paul...........

I guess that's the Saint Paul mentioned in Johnny Cash's Big River?

"I met her, accidentally, in Saint Paul, Minnesota......"

:eek:

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really excited about this Burny. I can't wait to get it! I'm about 30 min. south of Mpls. and I really like Kramer guitars.

I got one of those recently. It's a great guitar, all mahagony like a 57' ebony board. Hope you like yours, I can't get over how much nicer it sounds and plays over my old 74' Custom.

Well, I got her yesterday! All I can say is WOW!!! :D I need to set it up a little more to my liking, but so far I'm floored. I'll dig in this weekend to see what pups are in it and such. Absolutly fantastic!!! :p

Congrats! Btw, that's what everybody seems to say about these burny's. I was impressed with mine also, really resonant, strong acoustic sound :)

Aren't the ones from 83-84 Matsomoku? I'm just wondering if the Aria from this time period are as nice.

NWOBHM said:
Aren't the ones from 83-84 Matsomoku? I'm just wondering if the Aria from this time period are as nice.

japanstrat wrote a long post about factories here: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10411

Matsumoku made most of the RLG models including the RLG-150, RLG-120, RLG-90 models and FujiGen made most of the RLC models.

Well, I got it! I restrung it and set it up to my liking. I love this one. :D Heres a quick vid warming up a bit. Nothing really just warming up.
SuperChunk426
[/URL]
[/img]

What? You wore that shirt and didn't play any Kiss. Now dump that distortion pedal and crank that JR! :wink: HOT! HOT! HOTTER THAN HELL!

I actually did play some Kiss. My batteries died before I got there. Oh well. One quick question, should this guitar have pickup covers?

NWOBHM said:
What? You wore that shirt and didn't play any Kiss. Now dump that distortion pedal and crank that JR! :wink: HOT! HOT! HOTTER THAN HELL!

sus4add11?

As you post on the forum, your ranking gradually increases from the newb "plucker" to "guitar god" based upon your number of posts. You've just reached the next level as based upon the fancy chord reference.

I'm sure some one can give you the numbers for each category - I don't know them.

Latest posts

Back