oops...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
togps said:
Even when you cry for mercy...

Now I get it - you're gonna build up a private stock
with the cheesiest Tokais ever...

....or is this gonna be the new
Tokais-for-Keyboard-Player-Collection? :wink:

Andreas

That third one - purple top - would be really lovely in a natural, or TB, or VF finish. Really nice layering and striation on that top.

Tastes change. I'm sure that John Lee Hooker was a bit unusual with his '52 Goldtop after playing a Stella with a DeArmond for so many years. And, it just kept moving on down the line.

For crying out loud, people actually collect Danelectros and Mosrites. Not even good firewood.

ganzua said:
There is a girls band called The Donnas where the female guitarist uses a Les Paul. I'm not sure if it was that I liked more to see a woman behind a Les Paul than the band itself. Well, I'd say that I saw a Les Paul and it happend that behind there was a girl.

I'm familiar with them 8)

I actually saw a girl of about 15/16 buying a tobacco sunburst les paul copy in my local shop sometime last year and I thought "Good on you!" Nice to see a lady breaking the stereotype.

makaze said:
Does the Tokai Hummingbird mosrite stand up well as a guitar???

Marcus should be able to answer that, I believe he has one or two of them.

stratman323 said:
makaze said:
Does the Tokai Hummingbird mosrite stand up well as a guitar???

Marcus should be able to answer that, I believe he has one or two of them.

Nope....mine are 70's Univox Hi Fliers (Curt Cobain played one). Never seen or played a Hummingbird.

The current Mosrite Japan guitars are excellent - think Tokai makes them.

Here are my Uni's:

CIMG0707.jpg

Mick51 said:
That third one - purple top - would be really lovely in a natural, or TB, or VF finish. Really nice layering and striation on that top.

Actually it is an ash top. AFAIK, the first LPstyle guitars worldwide with an one pcs. ash top. Incredible lucent sound - extremly fast attack and response.
Some samples more...

ds005539701.jpg

ds005539591.jpg

ds005539581.jpg

8) looks like the new LS105ASH ....... so ash it is like mick says..........
this is from current tokai japan homepage.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/news/ls105ash.html

BODY : Ash Top
Mahogany Back
NECK : Mahogany One Piece
Set Neck
FINGERBOAD : Rosewood
BRIDGE : LS-VB Bridge
LS-VT Tailpiece
PICKUPS : PAF-Vintage MK2?2
CONTROLS : 2V.2T.3Way-SW
COLOR : VNT,STB,IB
PRICE : ?110,250

8)

stratman323 said:
Paladin2019 said:
Problem is that said females tend to go for Fender designs most of the time (in my experience...) maybe due to ergonomics, weight, recognition and price issues.

Well, women are always right - surely you've been told that before?

It seems you're right, guys ... 8)

tal-150x150.jpg

BTW Gottfried ... do you really think that those ugly pieces of wood will sell ?
Roger

Latest posts

Back