UK Tokai Owners Convention Enrolment

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.................ANOUNCMENT.............

The attendees, date and venue are now confirmed. If your names on the list you should have received a PM from me with all the details. If your name's not on the list you are still very welcome to come along, doesn't matter if you actually own a Tokai or not :D If you are interested drop me a PM and I'll let you have all the details.

Very interested in the convention on 7th March! Please email details etc. Can bring along my mid 80s blue st50 and blue jazz bass.

Cheers

Dave

Sorry if this has been answered already, but are we OK for amps? I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I've got one in for repair, one in bits and one awaiting a cab.

If I buy on Monday what I think I'm going to buy on Monday, I might bring that with me. And if I do buy a new amp on Monday, I'll have a Fender Blues Junior for sale, so I could bring that if anyone's interested in buying it.

Watch this space....

:wink:

imosdad said:
Very interested in the convention on 7th March! Please email details etc. Can bring along my mid 80s blue st50 and blue jazz bass.

Cheers

Dave

Sorry I missed your post Dave, I see Tom has sent you the details. Look forward to seeing you and your Tokais Saturday! :D

japaxes said:
HI johnA , highly possible as long as i can leave the gear somewhere safe
(gear being guitars & amp not narcotics) :D

Feel free to dump your 'gear' in my hotel room.

I'm bringing my tuner and tools. If anyone attending has instrument setup problems, I'm willing to give advice or do most jobs on the spot for free so long as ye bring a fresh set of strings :D

Thanks for the offer johnA , My friend (rob) will be bringing a tokai tod 1(overdrive pedal) he is hoping to sell...so try it /buy it im trying to get him to bring his uni-vibe too (shin-yei) but i dont think he will be trying to sell that ..

Thunderbirds are Go for me too. Mirrorboy I would apreciate some analysis of my TST in terms of truss action and an intonation check - beer or mars bars for payment? I have some sticky labels and a sharpie so we can display our names / tags. how many do I need. Is everyone cool if i bring my camera for shots of people grinning like cheshire cats, drooling or maybe even the odd shot of a guitar or two.

Isn't it amazing that a 20 year old painted, crafted piece of wood from Japan can bring together a group of people to meet and discuss!

Nice one Ian, see you there, I don't suppose anyone will object to a photo or two!

Tom - Sounds like you're going to be busy!

I'll bring my new Cornell amp & OD pedal, not least because I want to have my first chance to try them out away from home.

Looks like we'll have a good selection of Goldstars, which is excellent. For comparison purposes, does anyone have a JV (or similar) Strat or Tele? It would be great to be able to compare 80s Tokais with 80s Squiers or Fender Japans.

I imagine a few of us will be bringing cameras. If anyone wants to remain anonymous, wear shades, or bring a paper bag to put over your head.

:wink:

Back