UK Tokai Owners Convention Enrolment

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope all you guy's & girls (if any ) have a good time sadly, i couldn't get to this one . But hopefully it will be the first of many ....

Hi Folks,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I've just found out that I have to go to Brazil for work on the 7th and won't get back to the UK until the 13th.

Hope you all have great time. I'm disappointed I'll be missing it.

Dave

DaveWW said:
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I've just found out that I have to go to Brazil for work on the 7th and won't get back to the UK until the 13th.

Dave

Shame - You'll be missed Dave, but at least you're going somewhere nice!!

JohnA said:
DaveWW said:
Hi Folks,

Dave

Shame - You'll be missed Dave, but at least you're going somewhere nice!!

Thanks for the kind words. Never been before so I'm looking forward to that too. Maybe try out a Craviola :lol:

Dave

I'd particpated in early threads on this topic and then lost sight of the fact that you'd all progressed to fixing a date...

I would definitely have been up for this but unfortunately my partner is away and I'm looking after Joe (2 and 1/2) - I think it would be a bit much to drive him on my own from London, hang around the meeting for six hours - he has a habit of nicking plectrums - and then I'd miss out on the beers as I'd have to take him to sleep at the hotel at 9.00pm - unless you all came to mine for a very quite room party...

I've got 6 Tokais but the ones I would have brought to offer something different would have been:

2007 LS145S Goldtop with P90s
1980 Silver Star SS48 - all black with maple fretboard

Mike - Stratman323 - has been round mine to compare the LS145S with his LS85S. It would have been great to be able to hook up with him again.

Anyway, to those who do make it - have a great time and for those of us who can't make it, please don't let this be an isolated occurance. This is a great forum and it would be good to meet up with other members on an occasionbal basis.

All the best,

John.

Shame!! Little Joe would have been very welcome, I'd even give him some plectrums!! No chance of getting someone to look after him? It would be great to see you there!!

Sorry to hear that John - both you and your gorgeous & rare Goldtop would be an asset to the day. I'm sure someone will offer to play "Hey Joe" if you bring the lad with you!

If it acts as an incentive for people to bring their finest (Tokai or Tokai-related) guitars with them, I'll put up the money for a bottle of Scotch (or similar) for the guitar that wins the "Best Of Show" vote, assuming we can work out a voting system. By Best Of Show, I mean the guitar that you would choose to take home with you, if that was possible.

My most likely winner so far would have been Johny's LS145S....

I raise you a TST55 in surf green with matching headstock! Oh that's you that wants to take that Home Mike, maybe not everyone else :D

stratman323 said:
Well Iain, it may get my vote if Johny's not there....
'
I think we need an impartial voter, not someone by the name of 'Stratman' If my mint '79 Reborn LS120 gets beaten in best of show by a (very pretty) Goldstar I'll be sulking :wink:

Trouble is John, I can't see you voting for any of my guitars or vice versa. I reckon my ST80 is gorgeous, & might get a vote or two, but since you sold it to me, you clearly wouldn't choose it to take home!

My band have pulled out of this, unfortunately. :(

So, can anyone bring some jam/backing CD's or something? I can provide a PA and CD player. :)

stratman323 said:
Trouble is John, I can't see you voting for any of my guitars or vice versa. I reckon my ST80 is gorgeous, & might get a vote or two, but since you sold it to me, you clearly wouldn't choose it to take home!

Well if you were giving it away :wink:

mirrorboy said:
My band have pulled out of this, unfortunately. :(

So, can anyone bring some jam/backing CD's or something? I can provide a PA and CD player. :)

Tom, I don't think this is a huge issue, a bit of a jam might have been nice, but I think the idea was more just a get-together, a chat and play each other's guitars. Sounds a lot more fun than listening to be knocking out 2nd rate Jimmy Page licks at 100 DB!

That sounds better for me John, I didn't know what to expect. 8)

btw I sent you a pm

DaveWW said:
Good news. My business trip has been delayed for 3 weeks so I'm back on :D

Dave

Great news Dave!!!!

First pint's on Mike
1146.gif
1146.gif
1146.gif

Latest posts

Back