Orville LPS vs. Burny RLG??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3pupLPC

Reaction score
So I have come to the conclusion that I cannot work a OBG LPR or even LPS into the budget, so I am looking at either a plain top Orville, or a Burny, maybe this one... http://cgi.ebay.com/Burny-Super-Grade-Japan-Vinatge-MINTy-962_W0QQitemZ180230864877QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

What are some opinions on comparing a typical Orville LPS with a RLG70-90 for you guys who have had both?

And can anyone guess what model this Burny may be? The seller was not quite sure.

Thanks.

Shame no one answered! I need to choose between an Orville (not OBG) and a jap burny.

Which one? Same price.....

In my experienece, Orvilles are always good guitars, Burny's vary between OK and great! The Orville is probably the safer bet.

I have picked up both a OBG LPR-59 and a Burny RLC-65 since that posting... :D

What year models are the Orville and Burny you are looking at?

Hands down... Burny. Typically fret-edge binding on most Burny Customs, nicer fretboards. And the VH-1's alone make the decision.

I've a RLC-75 and had a RGL-60, both are very well sounding guitars.
Very good vibes and quality for the price ! Now I think the prices are going to increase a little bit for the coming years.

Back