BACCHUS BLS ??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An ABR doesn't need to bow much to make the D & G strings slightly too low, a lot of people will be playing Les Pauls with a higher action than needed because they wind the bridge up to get the D & G strings ringing nicely, and the outer strings are higher than they should be. Take a straight edge and hold it against your ABR you can often see a small gap in the centre where the bridge has collapsed.

In my experience it's rare to find a 25 year old guitar where this hasn't happened to some extent.

Togps' locking ABR's definetely improved the sustain on my LS80, and have the added advantage that the ABR doesn't fall off when you change strings :D

MIJvintage said:
Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by "collapsed"? :oops:

Ask not such questions - the answers ye seek are all hidden in the forest, if ye only look.........

:wink:

This "Other" section of the forum is getting some good Bacchus coverage. Initially I was a Tokai man and my LS200 will never leave me but I no longer look to Tokai when I want a Guitar. I look to Bacchus. I have a couple and they are fantastic.

Oh yeah! Fantastic Goldtop there MIJ!

QuattroSte said:
This "Other" section of the forum is getting some good Bacchus coverage. Initially I was a Tokai man and my LS200 will never leave me but I no longer look to Tokai when I want a Guitar. I look to Bacchus. I have a couple and they are fantastic.

Oh yeah! Fantastic Goldtop there MIJ!

Yes, Bacchus sure has impressed me with their fine handy work.

You should post some pics of your Bacchus guitars, when you have the opportunity, and give us some details too. :)

Thanks for the compliment on the 56 gold top, whatever the model number is :lol:
It is likely one of the most lively & resonant Les Pauls that I currently have, no matter the price point of any of them.

I just wired payment for a BLS-120S (see below), and I cannot see it being any better than the lower end one I have now, even with its' one piece back & nitro finish.
Let's hope I am wrong :-? ................. but at least I will know the model number of the BLS-120S :lol: ..................
Oh, and the seller said it is, "all original & near mint" :D
koiz564.jpg

BacchusLiveRoadCatolgue.jpg

MIJvintage said:
Bacchus sure has impressed me with their fine handy work.

I just wired payment for a BLS-120S (see below), and I cannot see it being any better than the lower end one I have now, even with its' one piece back & nitro finish.
Let's hope I am wrong :-? ................. but at least I will know the model number of the BLS-120S :lol: ..................
Oh, and the seller said it is, "all original & near mint" :D

Yeah, Bacchus have impressed me, too.

I recently bought a Bacchus Duke, and it impressed me enough to buy a BLS-120 goldtop as well 8)

Mine's got buckers, though.

rigj said:
Yeah, Bacchus have impressed me, too.

I recently bought a Bacchus Duke, and it impressed me enough to buy a BLS-120 goldtop as well 8)

Mine's got buckers, though.

You should post some pics & tell us a bit about them :) .............

Back