Keeley pedals are awesome!

Got GAS, talk about it here. Effects discussion.

Moderator: ned

btmish
Guitar God

Keeley pedals are awesome!

Post by btmish » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:37 am

Just putting in a vote for keeley effects pedals. I have a java boost, a compressor, a Fuzz Head, and also a keeley modded boss blues driver. The java boost I have not spent much time with, but both the compressor and the blues drive are stunning. And the Fuzz Head, all I can say is WOW, this pedal is absolutly crushing.

I also have a few zvex pedals I like really well, as well as a buddha wah that I have no complaints about, but still, I would choose Keeley has the number one pedal effect maker today.

Crazy_Joe
Guitar God

Post by Crazy_Joe » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:43 pm

I heard that Keeley's booster pedals like the SD-1 and TS9 and TS808 etc. are quality pedals, bit pricey though.
Tokai EX-85 Explorer
Ibanez RG505
Laney VC50
Dunlop + Marshall + Boss FX
Bare Knuckle Pickups

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:11 pm

I use a Keeley modded Line6 MM-4 and love it. Switches went haywire, sent it back to Keeley and the fixed it for no charge.

kevcaster
Power chords are my friend

Fuzz Head

Post by kevcaster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:15 am

I recently managed to get the Keeley Fuzz Head and am finding this just about the most versatile pedal I ever owned. All they say is true about this, cleans up miraculously when the volume is reduced and has that ability to allow the picking dynamics to come through - I thought this was true of quite a few pedals but this one really shines in this respect. It will also allow a very wide sweep of od sounds - the two knobs work in concert - use the Fuzz for ... well .... fuzz and the Head to explore the o/drive side of the soundscape. In use I set it up for a gig and leave it at 3/4 fuzz and use the volume knob to regulate it.
Great pedal!
Kev
I'm optimistic
Tokai ES-130
DeArmond M75T
3 chords and the truth

throstur
Guitar God

Post by throstur » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:55 pm

I swear by Keeley boutique and Keeley modded pedals. The Frampton Amp Switcher is one of my favorite gadgets, allows me to switch silently between my '57 Twin and my 18W Marshall, or use both at the same time :D Image
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Where do you get the "Frampton amp switcher" ???

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

throstur
Guitar God

Post by throstur » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:43 am

http://www.frampton.com/switcher.html I think it is made by Pete Frampton (former Small Faces singer and guitar player) and Robert Keeley. High end stuff, built like a tank, completely silent operation. Has a buiilt in phase shifter for situation when amps are out of phase.

The Loop-Master box http://www.loop-master.com/product_info ... d187661062 next to the Amp Switcher on the board comes also highly recommended.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

Post by leadguitar_323 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:00 am

Thank you very much.. :wink:

Mick
so many guitars....so little money...

AustinFlamm
Plucker

Post by AustinFlamm » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:42 am

I have to agree I love the bathmate keeley pedals. If there's something better out there then I'll be surprised.
Last edited by AustinFlamm on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

DrJzT
Guitar God

Post by DrJzT » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Have to admit i've not tried any Keeley stuff. At the moment i've got a soft spot for wampler gear. Seriously worth checking out
Surpass today, what you were yesterday- Musashi

butrus
Guitar God

Post by butrus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 am

throstur wrote:http://www.frampton.com/switcher.html I think it is made by Pete Frampton (former Small Faces singer and guitar player) and Robert Keeley. High end stuff, built like a tank, completely silent operation. Has a buiilt in phase shifter for situation when amps are out of phase.

The Loop-Master box http://www.loop-master.com/product_info ... d187661062 next to the Amp Switcher on the board comes also highly recommended.
Are the Loop-master products avalible in EU or did you ship?

Ceolten
Plucker

Post by Ceolten » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 am

I have to agree i love the v tight gel keeley pedals. If there's something better out there then I'll be surprised.