Old Traynor head - speaker cab suggestions?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Reaction score
I have an old Traynor YBA-1 Bass Master head. It's 50 watts @ 8 Ohms. It's got 2 channels - channel one is voiced for bass and channel 2 for guitar. It's been used as a bass amp and now I'm thinking about using it for my guitar. Any suggestions on reasonably priced cabinets that would go with this head? Thanks.

I have one of those. Very good guitar amps. They are based on the same design as '59 Bassman / JTM 45. Very sturdy construction.

I would check out Avatar. Very good, moderately priced cabs and you choose your speaker/speakers to stick in there. :p

Have you given any thought to a reissue Traynor cabinet (or a vintage one if you can find it)? I'm not sure the new amp reissues are as good as the vintage ones (Steve Albini even likes the old ones!), but their cabinets are reasonably priced, well made and I think have mostly Celestions in them. You might decide what you're mainly going to use this for--for guitar I'd get a 2x12 or something similar; for bass you might consider a 2x10 or 4x10 configuration or a single 15"cab. I know these are available in Canada through Long & McQuade--I think they are fairly well distributed through the NEast USA. Their website is:

http://www.traynoramps.com/default.asp?p_id=2

:)
________
BUY GRINDER

Kinda late on this,but I own an old Traynor 4x12 and you couldn't buy that thing from me. Makes my Bassman roar! It was only $200...most people(and guitar shops) I come across are not familiar with Traynor at all...great stuff!

Back