Favorite Guitarists?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone play ps2 games? the end of silent hill 2 (bad ending) there's a guitar based track nice spooky riff and a cracking solo kinda bluesish, can't remember name of guitarist who wrote it but as i said rather good. Oh and Jeff Hannerman (slayer) and Brian May, anyone who can mannage toccata and fugue in d without transplanting some extra fingers on.

The Vaughan bros
The Young bros
The Schenker bros
Jon Uli Roth
Tony Iommi
Jimi Hendrix
Nick Drake
Neil Young
Ritchie Blackmore
Jimmy Page
David Gilmour
Dave Murray
EVH
John Scofield
Django Reinhardt
Allan Holdsworth
Alex Lifeson (about to finally see him next weekend 8) )
Michael Hedges
James Hetfield
Joni Mitchell (we must have a female here to, don't we?)

And of course loads more..

meh...if you're gonna pick females what about Bonnie Rait,Mia Dyson Nancy Wilson(mmmmm),Lita Ford and other assorted breasticle endowed players. :p

dudu said:
Slash
Nuno Bettencourt
Bruce Kulick
Dave Meniketti

Dave Meniketti, there's a blast fom the past! I saw Y&T over 20 years ago, great band, and still going apparently!

That's not a 'cool' selection but I have to agree, all great guitarists, maybe not Bruce Kulick, a bit 'stuck in the 80's metal style for my tastes:wink:

JohnA said:
dudu said:
Slash
Nuno Bettencourt
Bruce Kulick
Dave Meniketti

Dave Meniketti, there's a blast fom the past! I saw Y&T over 20 years ago, great band, and still going apparently!

That's not a 'cool' selection but I have to agree, all great guitarists, maybe not Bruce Kulick, a bit 'stuck in the 80's metal style for my tastes:wink:
Bruce Kulick's older brother Bob,played all the guitar on Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell album,Michael Bolton's "Every body's crazy" album and used to do much of the "Ace Frehly" stuff on Kiss studio albums...that was how Bruce got the Kiss gig.
Big thumbs up for Dave Meniketti....a good blues influenced player...a cover band I was in during the late '80's used to cover Mean Streak.

T-Bone Walker
Tiny Grimes
Rusty Zinn
Junior Watson
Duke Robillard
Igor Prado
Hollywood Fats
Alex Schultz
Jimmy Rogers
Robert Lockwood Jr.
Lonnie Johnson
B.B. King
many more ...

Nice selection Bluefinger, though I don't know of Igor Prado.

It's funny, but the "younger" white players like Clapton & Keef seem to pick Robert Johnson as the standout player from the pre WW2 days. But the older black guys, BB, Hooker etc, pick Lonnie Johnson.

Mike

stratman323 said:
Nice selection Bluefinger, though I don't know of Igor Prado.

It's funny, but the "younger" white players like Clapton & Keef seem to pick Robert Johnson as the standout player from the pre WW2 days. But the older black guys, BB, Hooker etc, pick Lonnie Johnson.

Mike

Igor Prado:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=140133543

A Brazilian? :p Whatever next?

There's a touch of Alex Schultz in his playing. And that can't be a bad thing.

stratman323 said:
A Brazilian? :p Whatever next?

There's a touch of Alex Schultz in his playing. And that can't be a bad thing.

Actually Brazil has a very vibrant blues scene and some amazing players. A friend of mine owns Top Cat Records here in Dallas and he's produced albums for several Brazilians.

Brazil also has a .....hmmmm, how should I say........ mighty "qualified" Olympic women's beach volleyball team:

brazilvolleyball.jpg

Latest posts

Back