please help! what greco is this? what year?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pongki

Reaction score
grecofull.jpg

grecoserialnumber-1.jpg

grecoback.jpg

The open book headstock is referred to the very end of the guitars headstock.. if you look at the lines of it.. it has the lines of an open reading book lying on a flat surface .. hence the name open book ....As for the Mustache... it would be the 5 piece inlay on the headstock just below the words GRECO.. Hope this is helpful... Best,.. Cliff

That's a new one to me, I've been playing, collecting les pauls for 30 years. What you refer to as a mustache has always been known to me as a split diamond inlay.

Think there are a few crossed wires here, the open book headstock is sometimes called the moustache headstock, the split diamond inlay is more often than not called a split diamond inlay :D

I thought I've heard of people saying mustache to refer to the open book headstock. :D

The split diamond inlay was not used after 1981 but came back in the late 1980s. This Greco is a 1990. The truss rod cover is not from 1980 and I think the Greco logo has a open O (from what I can make out) which started in late 1981 and in 1980 the Super Reals were being made and this guitar ain't no Super Real. IT'S A 1990 GRECO!. There are no links because it probably isn't in a Greco catalogue. It's just a lower priced Studio LP type with no LP body binding and it looks good and might be a great guitar but is really nothing special.

Japanaxe had the answer. It's a 1990 EGC700 70,000 Yen ($700 US) Custom Lite model http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/sea/view_detail/s17230282.html

It's a mid priced model and the specs look like Mahogany 2 piece body and set neck.

Back