DRY Z

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure there is I can hear anything on my computer speakers. That Japanese dude sound was pretty good. I could hear the PU's clarity. Nice.

villager said:
heh good idea john i will take the comp into the studio and connect...

Get in to the 21st century Mark :wink: Since the advent of the ipod I hardly ever use my real Hi-Fi, 99% of my listening is on the PC.

JohnA said:
villager said:

Get in to the 21st century Mark :wink: Since the advent of the ipod I hardly ever use my real Hi-Fi, 99% of my listening is on the PC.

never m8 i dont own an ipod or an mp3 player..its valves all the way for me..heh

I agree, valves are always best :D I've been contemplating some old celestion ditton 66's and a valve amp for my PC monitors!

JohnA said:
Sounds good on my PC too, using Samson studio monitors as PC speakers :wink

Really? What a wimp! I assumed you used a couple of 4x12 cabs. :eek:

villager said:
JohnA said:
villager said:

never m8 i dont own an ipod or an mp3 player..its valves all the way for me..heh

I run iTunes on a Mac through a pair of Quad IIs. delicious. 80 gigs on valves.

What's the point of using a decent hi-fi if the source is something as low-fi as an mp3? It's such a low quality and compressed source (compared to CD, DVD, MD, vinyl) that it hardly seems worth the bother. And revealing components later in the chain are likely to show up the inherent deficiencies in the source even more starkly.

stratman323 said:
What's the point of using a decent hi-fi if the source is something as low-fi as an mp3? It's such a low quality and compressed source (compared to CD, DVD, MD, vinyl) that it hardly seems worth the bother. And revealing components later in the chain are likely to show up the inherent deficiencies in the source even more starkly.

I didn't say MP3. I said Mac + Quad :D

It depends how you compress your audio (if at all). Try 320 kbps, VBR into ACC or use Apple Lossless and it's pretty much impossible to tell the difference from the original. Both will run on a MAC and an iPod.

I don't touch 128 kbps - it sounds ok through cheap headphones but is s**t on anything good.

CDs are compressed too - and some are more compressed than others. These days compression software is getting better all the time - so file size isn't everything (although it's a useful indicator of quality)

Latest posts

Back