EG700 solid body - is this a good model?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royc

Reaction score
Hi, I'll be getting my first greco LP soon.. a 1978 EG700 :)

It's got dings and scratches but I'll be getting it all stock (seller will put back the original pup and caps). Only known issue is a repositioned strap button at the neck (original hole is beside the new button). Any feedback on this model is highly appreciated.

97b60fa6.jpg

90e0704c.jpg

3e45548b.jpg

75d24f9b.jpg

e061a8e0.jpg

He initially offered it for US$609 but I'll be getting it for US$390 + he will have the pups potty waxed. He works just a few blocks away so there is no shipping cost nor taxes. Is this a good buy?

thanks!

royc said:
..... but I'll be getting it for US$390 + he will have the pups potty waxed. He works just a few blocks away so there is no shipping cost nor taxes. Is this a good buy?

thanks!

You might as well steal it from him!!

villager said:
i would guess pancake layered mahogony solid body, but for that price if its not got neck warpage, or any breaks its a good guitar

he claims it is solid body and not pancake like other models. is there a way to verify? not that it matters to me but i just want to know when i become the new owner :wink:

he let me look at it before i made my downpayment and i didn't notice a neck warpage although in my excitement i didn't give it a detailed inspection (we were on the steps outside their building and i felt like a kid being handed a new toy).

thanks!!

JohnA said:
royc said:
..... but I'll be getting it for US$390 + he will have the pups potty waxed. He works just a few blocks away so there is no shipping cost nor taxes. Is this a good buy?

thanks!

You might as well steal it from him!!

lucky me then. he is ordering a new guitar from abroad and is pressured to sell his greco at that price in 2 payments. in my case i'm selling my photogenic brand lp at the price i got it to pay off the balance. now that i know the greco is a steal i will no longer hesitate to sell my photogenic below market price to get the greco :D

thanks!!

leadguitar_323 said:
Hi Royc, if you want to know if its pancaked, have a look at the side of the guitar you will easily see the seam... :)

Mick

thanks Mick! that's the first thing i'll do when i get it :)

Latest posts

Back