ebay item comments

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are correct, it's an early '80's model, probably an LC60. Great guitars, I have a black one.

Why do you think the pickups are changed?

Well, I was just browsing through this site: http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.html
There are some photos of pickups, but none of them look like the pickups on the white custom. What pickups are on your guitar? L8000?

BTW: the guitar is already mine :D

To be honest I really dont know which model pickups I have in my guitar, I just thought the general appearance of the pickups in your's looked right. i.e. the aging on the covers fitted well with the aging of the other hardware.

I'm sure some Burny experts will be along to give some better advice.

looks great...looks very much like the one I just got a couple of weeks ago. Mine seems to be late 80s, green caps, and has VH1 stickers on the p`up rings with gray wires. Love mine too, plays real nice and sounds the same...and for $230.oo I`m expecting the police to knock on my door and arrest me for theft.

forsaleIII413.jpg

I believe it is a RLC-60 model; I have one with the same (correct) head stock logo, and it has gray covered wire VH-1 pups.
This one is also an all mahogany example @ 8 lb. 15 oz.; likely the best playing & sounding Lester I have.
RLCcntroute.jpg

Here, resting in her original Burny logoed case 8)
RLCnCASE.jpg

my guess would be, no........

from the photos, your pickups have green (bridge) & red (neck) covered wires

I don't recall seeing any of the nearly 30 Burnys that I have owned having green or red covered wires

the seller that you purchased the guitar from usually comes up short on detail, in his listings; maybe also the case with yours...........

the seller couldn't tell me what kind of pickups those are. They look quite aged, so even if they are not original, they can be from the same era as the originals.

I was channel surfing late last night and across a show called Genesis : The Songbook. About 25 minutes into it, they were interviewing Steve Hackett and he was holding a black Burny custom, I noticed it because his had the incorrect headstock too.

Latest posts

Back