Have you guys heard of a Fernandes LS-75S?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nananine

Reaction score
It's an MIJ version of the original LS-75 Montereys. In natural coloring, so it can't be an LS-75 Monterey. I can't find any information about this anywhere.

Here's some pictures of it:

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

Thanks.

It was supposedly a Japan market-only edition of the LS-75. The S indicator may or may not be real, I've found out. I'm trying to find out the actual worth of the guitar, too.

Hey, here we go...
fernandesls75ga0.jpg

So it is an LS-75, but it's not a Made in Taiwan one like the others...

I don`t see it in any of my catalogs going back to 1997. By 2003 only the higher end models say MIJ in the catalogs and since yours has that sticker theres no disputing that and it fits into the price range of the listed MIJs...my Japan Vintage book that has a part on the Fernendes Revival strats shows that that sticker appeared in early 2000s when they reintroduced the Revival X Revival strats. The only thing that resembles the body shape in question in my catalogs are Burnys...but you know some models looked to be very similar from both lines.
As for value...if you mean originally, you probably know they included the price in thousands of yen in the model number so...75,ooo yen list minus the standard 20% off in Japan...if you are considering buying a used model, personally I wouldn`t pay more then $400.oo for a bolt on especially if the numbers on the sticker mean it was a 2000 or 2002 judging from the first digit or two.
Looks nice though, if I came across one at a good price I certainly be tempted. Sorry I can`t be more precise but it`s not always easy pinning down MIJs with 100% certainty.

Thanks, really appreciate it. I wish the company would have a better historical catalog (I emailed them and they still haven't gotten back to me on the thing).

Latest posts

Back