Mint Collection Les Paul '82 or '92?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a 1982 Greco.
The Greco logo with a open O letter (the top of the O letter is not there) stops in 1990.

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated.

EDIT: well, I bought the guitar today and the guy will send it to me in a day or two. I tried to tell him it was a 1982 model and he ended up knocking ¥2000 off so I was happy with that. This will mark my entry into the Greco kingdom! I have a Fernandes 'The Revival' str*t which I am happy with in many ways (it only cost me¥2000) but I've always been hankering for a Greco LP.

looks real nice to me. Howz the used gear scene in Kobe? Got any Hard Offs? If so, you should check them out regularly...you may be surprised at what you find.

sneakyjapan said:
looks real nice to me. Howz the used gear scene in Kobe? Got any Hard Offs? If so, you should check them out regularly...you may be surprised at what you find.

Yeah there is a Hard Off (used store!) in Akashi and I take a look there whenever I can. My old workmate picked up a bargain '78 Greco LP there a while back and that's what switched me onto looking for one for myself.

2315487102_7ae01f4fca_b.jpg

Rustyslide - I'm new to this so where exactly do the three parts of your guitar join - I have marked mine on the photo. Also, do you have any idea what the faded rectangle on the pick guard might be?

looks like there once was sticker on the pickguard to me. Yes...center joined 2 piece top...looks great...I keep hope alive that i will someday find a nice old Greco around here some day...I mean I already found a Greco Super Real FA 67-75 in the junk corner of Hard Off just about 6 weeks ago, cost me 5000 yen to get it rewired and it works great now...they called it junk because of the wiring I guess...but I`d like a Les Paul type too.
It seems none of the staff there are players it appears they`ve not yet discovered the internet because I bought several real nice old MIJ from them for almost nothing...their MIAs are ridiculously over priced though.

man rusty...do those cracks worry you at all?.....literally coming apart at the seams?

Rustyslide said:
Here, this might make it easier::)

Yeah, I can see it clearly now, nice guitar. I commented on your playing a few days ago too.':wink:'

Sneakyjapan said:
looks like there once was sticker on the pickguard to me.
I mean I already found a Greco Super Real FA 67-75 in the junk corner of Hard Off just about 6 weeks ago....

Yeah looks like a sticker was there but kinda small....
I agree. I called in at HO today and there was one guy who seemed to know more about computers and stuff. There was only one Greco (bolt on) LP in the Junk section. I picked up a wah pedal while I was there. Good luck in finding the guitar you want. Would you pick one off Yahoo auction?

was in there today and one guy was putting a Les Paul type on the shelf so I came up behind hm ... it was a Burny with the torch type thingy inlay on the headstock...still had the Made in China sticker on the back of the headstock. Looked great though, looked new...but I didn`t pick it up.

Latest posts

Back