RLC but what model #?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIJvintage

Reaction score
.........have a Burny RLC here; 2 pc. maho body back, 2 pc. center seam maple top, 1 pc. maho neck, very THIN poly clear coat, VH-1 pups, gold hardware, under 9 lbs., superbly crafted Les Paul, completely original minus pick guard.........

..............obviously an RLC but anyone know what model # RLC?............thanks.............

RLCnat1.jpg

RLCnat2.jpg

RLCnat5.jpg

RLCnat3.jpg

RLCnat4.jpg

Hi,

i do not know which model this beauty is, but i know it is one of the most beautiful LPCs I have ever seen ....
Do you sell it?
... just kidding, congrats to this super beautiful Paula!
Bye
b.III

What about those side pieces on the headstock? Surely they are glued on, which means the neck is made from 3 pieces of wood?

stratman323 said:
What about those side pieces on the headstock? Surely they are glued on, which means the neck is made from 3 pieces of wood?

old, original Gibsons are made the same way, and I don't believe they are considered to have 3 piece necks.

Technically, you may be correct but in reality you are missing the point....................

Am I? Sorry. My Gibson LP Special has those "wings" on the headstock, and I assumed that meant it had a 3 piece neck, since it's made from 3 pieces of wood! :-? Obviously the terminolgy is more complicated than I realised.

Hi guys, They are referred to as 1 piece necks, its the headstock that has the wings. Necks in more than 1 piece have clearly visible joins the length of the neck. Hey Mike it sounds like you need to buy a Les Paul if only to help you in your quest for knowledge. :p :wink:
cheers Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Hey Mike it sounds like you need to buy a Les Paul if only to help you in your quest for knowledge. :p :wink:
cheers Mick

Mick,

I have 2 already! A 97 Gibson LP Special with P100s, and a Korean Tokai LS48. Neither get played much, they just don't really fit what the band does. I'd love to try a Tokai Goldtop with P90s, but I doubt if I'll find one with a slim enough neck for my liking. :cry:

Mike

It is cleaarly a one piece neck because the neck is one piece. ;)
The headstock is not one piece, but the headstock is not the neck. One piece headstocks are not too usual at Les Pauls Customs...
Also many Standards do have headstock wings ...
Bye
B.III

Latest posts

Back