heads up....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's an '86 so it's not a JV

It's a lot of money for an E series strat even if it is a 115

It does look like a foto-flame neck

Don't know about that, but it's obviously not a $1500 guitar!! Whoever paid that wants their heads looking at, that's if they even get a guitar at all! That auction has scam written all over it!

I think what's wrong is that he claimed it's better then a Custom Shop Masterbuilt guitar. I can only assume that people who make claims like that have never played any CS guitars, or maybe they just played one which was no good.

I love my Tokais, but over-hyping the ordinary stuff doesn't do anyone any favours. And it's clearly a fotoflame neck.

Mike

stratman323 said:
I love my Tokais, but over-hyping the ordinary stuff doesn't do anyone any favours. And it's clearly a fotoflame neck.
Mike

I love my Tokais too, but that one's a Fender :D

OK John, so you're more awake than me today! I stand by my point though, I get tired of hearing this "better than a Custom Shop" stuff when describing very basic guitars.

I have some great Japanese Strats, and they all have a character of their own, but none of them have such a feel (and sound) of quality as my CS Strat, and it's not even a Masterbuilt. Despite that, I'm still taking my ST80 to rehearsal tonight, but please lets keep the comments in perspective, that's all I'm saying.

I agree, that there is often a lot of bull talked about Japanese guitars, and people claiming their TST40 is as good as a CS is rubbish but A JV 115 could probably be one of the guitars that this could well be true of.

Well if that's true, a JV115 must be considerably better than either of my two Springys.... :eek:

And I doubt if that's true.

Hi all,

I can't speak for this guitar, but I have bought 2 other guitars from this guy. A 79' springy ST80, and a 82' LS120. The strat is the best strat I own and I own more than a dozen and they are all vintage. The LS120 is the best LP I have ever played by miles period.

I am now in the process of buying a Greco EFG1200 from him. It is his personal favorite guitar. He does not speak English well at all, but I have a friend who is Japanese, and he calls and talks to him for me.

I can tell you all he is an honorable man and I have no reservation in sending him money straight to his bank account. Hope this helps if anyone wants to deal with him, but I think he is out of guitars now.

Kind regards,
Richard

Ive not bought anything off him,but we have been in touch by emails,he is looking for something for me,and i would trust him :wink:

this is the same seller that sold the very early BST-64V with Fralins, serial 0014**, to a guy in CA.
The guy in Cali says it's likely the best Strat he's ever played; who knows?

I don't know why anyone that looked at the photos believes it's a photo flame neck, because if you actually know anything about the Fender Foto Flame necks, you can tell from the photos, particularly the 4th photo, that it is not a photo flame

Add to that, the fact that Fender Foto Flame was not made well into the 1990s...........

it's probably just as good as a JV, maybe better

why are the JVs so good?

I've seen JVs with basswood bodies & non USA pickups going for big bucks; nearly what this one went for; WOW..............JV, Custom Shop, LOL........

what makes anyone believe this is a scam?

I agree with villager its not a JV,but it does not say that in his discription :eek: {see i cant spell and im english ] :p :p so it must be hard for him to string it all together

I think hes put JV in his listing to get more people to look at it.He offered it to me before he put it on E-Bay and he didnt say it was a JV just that it was better than one.

Maybe were being a bit harsh on him! Rossi, as you point out, his listing does clearly say 1986 ST-54-115 and if it's not a photo-flame neck as he says, it's a very nice guitar at a pretty OK price, not a bargain, but not way overpriced.

I am telling y'all, he is a player and a avid shopper in the Japanese music stores and he knows good stuff, and that is what he has purchased over the last 30 years. His story is true also about his fathers sickness. I took a chance on the guy a year ago and I am very glad I did.

Kind regards,
Richard

Back