UK Tokai owners convention

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any further moves on this?

In my previous posting I asked 'What facilities do you think are required' and only Stratman replied
with a list. I asked this because I have access to a room which would be very reasonably
priced but it meets almost none of the requirements in the list! Here goes;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
We need a room we can use from early afternoon till the evening - No problem

Close to a reasonable hotel/motel for those from further away. - The hall is in Battersea, SW london.
Reasonable hotels are few and far between in this part of the world.

We need to be able to make a bit of noise, though not necessarily a very loud noise. - Noise can be quite
loud until 21:00hrs approx.

The ability to buy tea/coffee/beer etc, would be very welcome. - I could arrange tea and coffee makng
facilities and canned beer could be made available at cost.

It needs to be easily accessible by both car (adequate car park required) - No car parking next to the place.
It's in a position close to a bridge so parking is in the streets on the other side of the main road. Pay and
display until 18:00Hrs, free after.

and public transport, preferably a maximum 5 or 10 minute walk from a tube station. - 0.9 miles from
Clapham Junction. 2 miles from nearest tube.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI. The hall is an ex chapel built next to a house in SW London. It is all hard surfaces and consequently,
it's very 'Live'. It can hold about 240 people for a gig or party. It has nice stage but no sound gear.
However if people wanted to jam, this would be possible if somebody brought a kit (and could play)
or I could arrange to hire one. I already have a bass amp there which could be used.

Further comments welcomed.

Chris

I was going to start looking for somewhere now that New Year is over. The lack of proximity to a hotel seems to me to be the biggest problem for those who are travelling to London, and want to enjoy a few beers and stay overnight, and be able to carry their guitars back to their hotel room, rather than having to rely on their car.

Apart from that, it sounds good. So what do the rest of you think?

Come on people! Let's have some indications from all of you who have posted so far - is this venue that has been suggested suitable for you? Will you attend if we arrange something there?

Or would you prefer somewhere else? Where?

Personally, I would prefer somewhere north of the river, but that's just me being selfish. But whatever your views, please say something, or this convention is gonna be dead in the water..... :(

Apathy or what!

Come on lets have a few people joining in, it will be a great day and a chance to play on a whole heap of lovely Tokais.

If I'm prepared to drive 250 miles with a Marshall stack to attend this, surely you can make the effort!

Yep i will be driving from Derbyshire

1 I would like to see a face behind the name

2 See other Tokais and play them and compare

3 Have a good jam

I would like somewhere i can park safe at a hotel or travelodge nearby the place,have a brew or if near to the digs a beer or two,have a good time really,O and depending on the weather a warm place.A pub that does B/B with a room and parking would be the right place :p

I am still up for this convention! I agree with stratman that somewhere north of the river would be better for me but can make anywhere in London at a push. I think that the main thing is to just meet up to be honest, it would be a shame to lose the momentum here.

Best regards,
Mole Man

I may be wrong but I think that many members may be selective about which forum catagories they read and consequently some may not have seen these posts. There may be a better response if something was posted in the 'Announcements' & 'Tokai Guitars' catagories as I imagine most people read these.

Done. I usually try to avoid spamming several different categories, but I've created two more threads as suggested.

Mike

The posting in 'Announcements' is still there but the one in 'Tokai Guitars' has disappeared. Surely it hasn't been pulled. :roll: After all. these posts are meant for the benefit of Tokai owners and players. Surely they don't count as spam or abuse?

Mike, I would suggest dropping Ned a PM and ask if he'll create a sticky in a couple of high profile threads for a week or two.

So is there really no interest in the convention/get-together, whatever you want to call it, apart from 3 or 4 of us? :eek:

It's a real shame, if that's the case. :cry:

Can't understand the lack of support for this Mike! If people can spend the time to type about guitars, surely a chance to play loads of them would be worth the effort, it's certainly appeals to me!

So who've we got

me JohnA
Mike Stratman323
Rossi
jawilluk
Mole Man
Gabe Bluejeannot

I think if we can get it up to 10, it's worth doing!

Sounds reasonable, I'm happy to give it a go if we can get to 10. Are you still out there, Gabe? :eek:

Anyone else?

Surely we are overlooking the possibility that some of us could bring along guitarist friends who share our passion for Tokais etc but perhaps are not (yet) members of this fine forum? Is this a possibility at all or must the participants be strictly forumites?

Best regards,
Mole Man

Latest posts

Back