ZAKK WYLDE TOKAI BULLSEYE LES PAUL COPY

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
togps said:
leadguitar_323 said:
There seems to be a trend here that if they don't know, then its a fake. I find this a little small minded.. :-? And i think also if you are going to put sh1t on this guys guitar then maybe you should offer some proof..!! Mick

:eek: Mick, do you think, Mr. Shohei Adachi, the president of Tokai Gakki, Ltd., Japan, is a liar?? :eek:

HEY!!! that is BS and totally uncalled for togps

You may be a distributor of Tokai for Europe, or whatever mate, but you are not the 'be all end all'

You are only a distributor or reseller, nothing more.

You are not the only one who has contact with the President of Tokai, although, you may seem think so.....

Mickdal said:
HEY!!! that is BS and totally uncalled for togps

You may be a distributor of Tokai for Europe, or whatever mate, but you are not the 'be all end all'

You are only a distributor or reseller, nothing more.

You are not the only one who has contact with the President of Tokai, although, you may seem think so.....

Finally, a voice of reason here.

You guy really need to stop spreading all this mis-information here, its getting old. Every time someone comes in here with a Tokai not made in Japan its a fake. Complete crap. :evil:

Sorry Togps but you really don't know what your talking about. I don't care what you say, the president of Tokai is not going to share with you his true business dealings with other markets.

When Tokai guitars were available here in Canada there was never any of this fake talk. 6 years or so and no fake talk. Now that we don't carry them anymore we have all this BS. These guitars are just as much a Tokai as any other. Made under licence is just that. All Tokais not made in Japan are made under licence. Like other guitar makers Tokai does not own a factory in Korea or China, the work is contracted out. The Canadian distributor had a licence deal with Tokai to produce Tokai guitars for Canada using a different factory then where the other Korean made models were produced. These models were not always your typical Tokai models and were never featured in any catalogs. When the line was dropped no more Tokais were produced. End of story.

As for the bullseye guitar in question, it was produced in 2005. I believe there was two runs of these made and maybe 48 in total produced. Very nice guitar, totally kills an Epi.

Hi Togps, I know how guarded Mr Adachi is, and Tokai as a company is very hard to get accurate information from,or any information at all for that matter, that is why i am talking to one of his long term employee's {now completely independent but still builds high end guitars for tokai}. I doubt very much that Tokai's president would discuss any private information with you about there contracted work in korea {the japanese don't work like this } As we often see on this forum , all is not as it seems with information changing all the time. As i said before you need to prove your statements if you are going to discredit these guitars, these were made in korea and were a limited run. As Mickdal said , you are definitely not the only one in contact with Mr Adachi and Tokai and your market is completely different to Canada's and ours for that matter, JSD's info is very close to mine , 2004 - 2005 made and a limited run of somewhere around 25 in the first run and around 20 in the second.
stay tuned.. :wink:

Mick

Well said Mick, although I'm sure it will fall upon deaf ears.

Going back to the bullseye, first run arrived Feb of 2005 and thinking back I seem to remember it was only 12 guitars on the first run as it sold out instantly. Second run came in around April/May of 2005 and was either 24 or 36 guitars.

Q&A's with Mr. Shohei Adachi, president of Tokai Gakki
Q12: Does Tokai have any plans to license their name to Chinese, Vietnamese or Indonesian manufacturers?
A12: We will never license Tokai logo to any companies in the world.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4434

Says all!!

togps said:
Q12: Does Tokai have any plans to license their name to Chinese, Vietnamese or Indonesian manufacturers?

Says all!!

Who said anything about licensing out Tokai logo,

WE are discussing about a Zak Wylde guitar MIK for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!

Mick

two words when dealing with the Japanese...honne and tatemae...if you can tell which you`re getting, then you are better than I, after 14 years here I`m not any closer to knowing which I`m getting at any given time. Keeping secrets here is the national sport...along with hiding money from the gov`t but thats another story. As stated, I doubt anybody affiliated with Tokai is giving anyone outside the company the entire truth...not calling anybody a liar, just have to spend time in the country to really get a grasp maybe.

Mickdal said:

Mick
Relax Mick. There is no need to post emotionally in this thread.

I do reflect the only ZAKK WYLDE "TOKAI" BULLSEYE model, so far as I know. Sold only from Canadian sellers.
See pix from the headstock. On the back is writen:
"Manufactured under license for ........
Make in Korea"
:eek:

headstockfrontcanadaxr1.jpg

headstockrearcanadagx3.jpg

Hope that helps

Am i missing something here, they aren't licensing out their logo they are contracting another company to make their cheaper line of guitars. Are you now saying all korean Tokai's are counterfeit. :eek:
This means absolutely nothing.........QUOTE

Says all!!

Says nothing!!, because they already have a tokai branded line from Korea and China. Made under licence for Tokai....The guitars not the name..!!!!

And Sneaky i absolutely agree, i see examples of this misinformation all the time, the companies say what ever they feel to foreigners, truth or not.

Mick

I?ve heard that two different lines regarding japanese mind Pete and I agree sometimes it?s so difficult to diferentiate....You ?ll only know deep feeling from a japanese guys under certain hard ciscunstances.I have abouth a month and half ago after one of our japanese guys phoned me because an special affair and he was talking from his heart telling me things I?suspected but he was never told me before....and he was a lot of times at home and stayed here.....

I do know Adachi-san in person and I only have great words to him, in fact I have a big pic of him with me at Tokai factory gate in my room on the wall taken when I toured the factoy....

So..... I would focused this talking to Tokai quality instead of if someone is wrong or right.... Are these canadian Tokais as good quality as Hamamatsu made Love Rocks?.If so I would like to try one of them....

Maybe you should read what Ned wrote in the last post of that thread..

Quote [edit]This information has been removed due to problems with verification.[/edit]

Mick

sneakyjapan said:
two words when dealing with the Japanese...honne and tatemae...if you can tell which you`re getting, then you are better than I, after 14 years here I`m not any closer to knowing which I`m getting at any given time. Keeping secrets here is the national sport...along with hiding money from the gov`t but thats another story. As stated, I doubt anybody affiliated with Tokai is giving anyone outside the company the entire truth...not calling anybody a liar, just have to spend time in the country to really get a grasp maybe.
Accepted business practice in Japan is not to Lie...but to not disclose the entire truth about a subject.
I work for CANON Australia.
We're having some issues right now with a few problems that have been escalated to CANON Japan.
CANON Japan will NEVER answer that they don't know what's causing a problem.
WE as Technicians know EXACTLY what the problem is...when it started and why it started but Japan won't admit it.
Basically they modified a drum for a color copier trying to squeeze a few Yen more out of the digital color photocopier market and stuffed up big time...we now have a certain model of digital color copier worldwide that kills drums almost as soon as they are put into the machines.
At $1200x4 for a set of drums it's becoming a massive embarrassment for them and a huge expense.
So many business models in Japan run along this manner...good luck trying to get a straight answer from a Japanese executive guys...you get told what THEY want you to know and nothing more.....I will guarantee that TOKAI are using a few more Korean and Chinese plants to manufacture for them than they have admitted.

leadguitar_323 said:
Maybe you should read what Ned wrote in the last post of that thread..

Quote [edit]This information has been removed due to problems with verification.[/edit]

Mick

You never give up ehh?, Mick :wink:
At that time JSD placed some ads in the forum, so I did understand Neds decision.
But this is a bit out off topic.
BTW, I'm now tired with this issue and stop posting in that thread ...

togps said:
Mickdal said:

Mick
Relax Mick. There is no need to post emotionally in this thread.

I do reflect the only ZAKK WYLDE "TOKAI" BULLSEYE model, so far as I know. Sold only from Canadian sellers.
See pix from the headstock. On the back is writen:
"Manufactured under license for ........
Make in Korea"
:eek:

headstockfrontcanadaxr1.jpg

headstockrearcanadagx3.jpg

Hope that helps

WTF?

Relax? Emotional?

Who are u? The Tokai Forum Fuzz? LMAO

It's a guitar made from a tree.

Life has more important things like Girls wearing short skirts and putting their finger where the sun dont shine :eek:

Ozeshin said:
sneakyjapan said:
Accepted business practice in Japan is not to Lie...but to not disclose the entire truth about a subject.
I work for CANON Australia.
We're having some issues right now with a few problems that have been escalated to CANON Japan.
CANON Japan will NEVER answer that they don't know what's causing a problem.

WE as Technicians know EXACTLY what the problem is...when it started and why it started but Japan won't admit it.
Basically they modified a drum for a color copier trying to squeeze a few Yen more out of the digital color photocopier market and stuffed up big time...we now have a certain model of digital color copier worldwide that kills drums almost as soon as they are put into the machines.
At $1200x4 for a set of drums it's becoming a massive embarrassment for them and a huge expense.
So many business models in Japan run along this manner...good luck trying to get a straight answer from a Japanese executive guys...you get told what THEY want you to know and nothing more.....I will guarantee that TOKAI are using a few more Korean and Chinese plants to manufacture for them than they have admitted.

I think most people were brought up to believe that but over the past year or so, ther have been so many stories about businesses who have been relabeling food...selling Aussie beef as Japanese, selling products that were past due date...not critical but some companies have said they`ve been doing it for decades...one company called Meat Hope that was mixing all kinds of meat and calling it "beef"...and the list goes on and on, some very serious like the architects who cut corners in bulding structures with fewer steel rods used to reinforce the concrete or the steel companies who altered test data to make their product appear stronger than it actually is...and there are many more, seems every week theres some company executives bowing on national TV to say sorry...not sure how many of these stories get reported overseas but they have sent shockwaves throughout the country. The Kanji of the year last year was..." fake ". And don`t even get me started on the political scandals. Guys wanna think the Tokai executives are any different than others then fine, but I don`t. As stated above...they reveal what they want to and no more. It`s been a real eye opener living here, I had the same rosy view that so many westerners have of the country and the people prior to having been here for a few years, but I`ve come to realise when push comes to shove, they aren`t any better than anybody else...ya got your nice folks and you got your rotten apples.

Yeah Sneaky...I lived a sheltered beach existence when I lived there....I was based on Okinawa.

Latest posts

Back