back on SA series (SA-700 and SA-550 owners please read)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panochinho

Reaction score
Hi again,
I keep searching for my Greco SA: last try didn't work as it didn't meet all the requirements for buying at eBay (have to be cautious, you know).

The thing is: I've been and am after either a SA-700 or a SA-550. Used to think they basically were the same guitar only the SA-700 being a slightly higher model (different wood's build, I guessed). But know I suspect they are two different-conception models. My guess now is:

SA-700 is a ES-335 clone, whereas the SA-550 is a ES-330 one. For those of you not familiar with these Gibson's models, the 330 is hollow and the 335 only semi-hollow. That is, the 335 does have the center block, typical of semi-hollows; not the 330, which can be easily taken for a semi-hollow, which is not.

So my question goes to those of you who own or have had in your hands any of these: am I guessing right? For in that case I would probably cut down my searching to a SA-550, since the fully hollowness of the body should make it a more jazzier guitar. Don't know though...

comments on this will be much appreciated, thanx!

Latest posts

Back