Tokai Paisley ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Can someone tell me where the Tokai paisley model is made .... where it comes from or anything else about this guitar. Seen it on E-bay.

Email me please ..

[email protected]

[Anonymously Posted by: 'oliver g.']

The model according to the 'A' designation at the beginning of the model number e.g. ATE-67 suggests it's Korean. They are rare and go for good money here in the UK. One sold for 800 GBP (about $1100 USD) in the UK last year and it was bought from a shop by a collector. He didn't even come to look at it! They just called him and he bought it by credit card there and then! I'd bid for it myself but it just costs too much to import guitars to the UK. I bought my Love Rock last year and it cost me over half the cost of the guitar to get it to the UK.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Gary Novosel']

"A" models seems to be manufactured both in japan and korea. For example ATE-67 suggests a top model (higher numbers = more expensive models) and they will not be made in korea. There are identical 80's models named for example ASD and SD, the only difference is the headstock. SD has the traditional small Fender headstock and ASD Tokai's modified version, both made in Japan. The "A" models were originally probably for export mainly to the US. To my knowledge there were no korean Tokais in the 80's. I have what appears to be a late 80's AST strat and it's definitely not korean.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

I have just bought from EBAY in the UK a made in Japan 80's Pink Paisley Breezysound Tele for £500.

Would like to find how many paisley's are around or how many are in the UK ?
I only know 2 people how have seen them.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'griff']

Griff, sounds pretty cool. Can you send in a picture? and don't forget to register that beauty.

Just got my Paisley Breezysound & its Great !!!!
Its Japanese and I really want to find some info
here in the UK ???

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Griff']

The UK Tokai importer's website is on:

www.tokai-guitars.co.uk

Their phone number's listed on there too and they're pretty friendly, even though I dont think that they were the original importers back in the 80's.

You could always try Wizard Guitars (www.wizardguitars.com) as they know a bit about older Japanese guitars.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Skybone']

Skybone,

I've sent a couple of emails to the UK importer without a word back. Should I try calling?

Maybe worth a try Ned. Just dont forget about the time difference! :wink:

I called them with some queries about my Love Rock Custom, and they were pretty helpful, my guess is that they're only a small outfit and probably dont check their e-mails as often as they should!

Good luck.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Skybone']

Spoke with the UK distributor today. They have actually made 10 new Love Rocks in pink paisley. Price is around $1500.00 US I think. They also have new paisley tele's which I just gotta get.

Ned

Back