Burny Les Paul Custom (1983?)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TF member bart was nice enough to post a link to the 1985 Fernandes catalog (thanks BART 8) ) in another thread http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=61990&highlight=#61990 and from looking at page 39, it is plain to see that the RLC models have the correct 5 piece head stock inlay, not the later 'lightning bolt' style inlay such as Sam's (blue) RLC

As I previously stated in this thread, the earliest I would date Sam's example to is a 1986 model but it is likely later than that...............

My black Custom has a serial number inside the bridge pup cavity, have you checked?
I found it as I replaced the pickup. It's 82702 by the way, but it hasn't helped me much.

not quite, apparently theres a finish called "Queerburst" as a custom shop option.

Now they're introducing a "Trans-burst", it changes according to time of day...

This custom shop must really loves talking with customers about cavities, tenons, tailpieces and straplocks...................

You've been warned stay away from Gibsons....

Hmmm, well maybe Mark just hasn't noticed it.

I haven't contacted him at all (not really sure what I would say to be honest), so he might be blissfully ignorant of the whole situation.

Possible.............

If I was you i would drop him a line and ask for his comments. You're more than entitled to do that.

hi all

the first i know of this is an email from sambo today asking me to have a look at this thread ...so I did...

i am trying to resolve the issue, and as this is an ongoing thread some of my previous comments have been edited .
Sambo ...

it was sold to me as 1983, my opinion was it was circa 83...the truss cover looked from that era... i was not actually aware of the diamond logo difference..in fact i would say that there are maybe 3 people around who could make that statement...and i respect their knowledge..burny LPC's are very scantly researched as far as I am aware, and my dating was based on my knowledge at that time.....I am not a burny expert, I leave that to luis, and nils, among others....heh...greco's are my best field..

.it was sold to me as an 83 and that seemed perfectly reasonable...

unfortunately us dealers do not know everything and there are quite a few people on this forum who know more about burnys than me....

If you dont like it send it back..I loved it..if you feel you have been duped or ripped off in any way...send it back...

I dont really understand the problem here...are you unhappy with the guitar?

or are you just telling me I got the year wrong ?

...this is no big issue... there was a lot of interest in that beauty...

and no I had not seen the thread, as i have been away...

...its a beautiful guitar in a super rare colour...and its not a refin

Hi Mark,

Once again, I just want to say my intention was not to cause any argument or dispute here. Also, I appreciate your reply.

I love the guitar as I have said.

The issue is, regardless of how much I like the guitar, I expect a product to be what it is advertised as. Initially I was just trying to clarify the thing's ACTUAL age, which it seems is still difficult to do.

I am certainly not pointing out that you 'got the year wrong', in any way. Several people have just pointed out that in their opinion, it would appear to be a later model.

My initial post was simply to show-off the guitar!!!

I also assumed a later manufacturing year would of course mean a lower price.

Anyway,

I will reply to your e-mail shortly.

Thanks,

Sam.

quite possible i got the year wrong ..it does happen especially with burnys cos thers no ser no...but regardless of the year the price for that particular guitar would have been the same.....

Ok,

Well I will continue the business side of things in the e-mails.

But what I will say here is that it is misleading to be told that something is a certain age, when in reality the seller is aware it could well be something else.

I will be in touch regarding how I want to go forward from here,

Once again I appreciate your response on the matter,

Cheers,

Sam.

Ok, thanks for the reassurance on being able to return it.

I'm going away this weekend, so will get back to you next week.

Thanks,

sam.

Back