What Did I Have?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
OK, I screwed up .......... maybe. I had the Greco Super Power shown below back in 2004 for a short while. I wasn't focused on MIJ's at the time. What I remember was that this guitar had a very slim neck, perhaps a poly finish, and was very light.

I'd appreciate some insight as to "what" this guitar/model is. Also, the serial number on the back of the headstock leads me to think that this was a 1960 copy. However, it may mean 1980 manufacture date. Thanks for any help. Shown with a Y2K Gibson R9. (btw, I may have posted about this way back then but haven't found such a thread.)

normal_Greco-1.JPG

normal_Greco-2.JPG

normal_Greco-3.JPG

normal_Greco-4.JPG

Well, a light bulb went off and I remember that I had to change my "name" on the forum. For some reason, I couldn't use my previous name .... and had to re-register. So ..... I searched "hank" and found this:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2466&highlight=

Perhaps this will help. Thanks, f5joe

Joe, from looking at the serial # & also the Super Power logo, I would say a 1980 example, for sure.

I have seen these (Super Power models) with solid tops & also with the hollowed out bodies, such as my 1980 Greco EG-450; see below thread link
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=56561&highlight=#56561

If the example you had was very in light weight, it may have been a hollowed out version like mine, which weighs in at 7 lb. 9 oz.
EG-4502.jpg

MIJvintage: Thanks SO much! Yours is spectacular in color. Does yours have the very slim profile neck?

Ah, the one that got away. We all have had that happen! :eek:

I wouldn't worry too much..,you could pretty easily find another one that is as good or better for not that much cash,,Hey,the fun is in the chase!! good luck!

Latest posts

Back