help on greco Les Paul model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetleebog

Reaction score
i need help in identifying what model and year.the serial number behind the headstock is "F 45215". i have a feeling it belongs to the mint collection because the headstock looks like this http://psyco.jp/greco/file/tmc.html but without the words "super real custom" on the truss rod cover. thanks!i would also appreciate if extra info is given

The F stands for June (A=Jan ... L=Dec) and the first number is the year 4 = 1984 and it would be a mint collection model.

thanks guitar god.whats the value?what kind of wood was used?the neck is kinda wide and fat though

Well I'd have to see the guitar and even then it might be hard to say if it's lost it's model sticker but looking through Greco catalogs might help.
The wood is African Mahogany and is used on most Japanese Gibson like guitars.

here are pictures.i replaced the stock pickups with my old dimarzio airzone.what kind are the stock pickups?

http://jetleebog.multiply.com/photos/album/8/My_Greco_Les_Paul

One of the best ways to work out which model it is is to look at the back of the original pickups and see if there are any numbers etc.

It makes it a bit harder to ID the model number.

If it's got a nitro finish then it's a higher end model.

From Villagers page

Greco Mint Collection.

1982-1991
Model EG59-85 upward, have Nitro finishes and some limited edition series, (very rare) have fret edge binding, with high quality electrics and Greco P.A.F type pickups (apparantly DiMarzio USA made..). The EG59-100 and EG58-120 have DRY pickups and 50's style necks, above the EG58-120's also have fret binding and are the equal of the high end EGF-1000 and 1200 Super Real's in every way.
The later years, 86-91 the high end models have Seymour Duncan pickups as stock. From 1982 to 1990 Greco mint collection have an open O in Greco, In 1991 Greco returned to the closed O on the mint collection models.

All these guitars feature a long neck tenon, currently only available in the Gibson Historic Series.

Latest posts

Back