Wow!

Discussion area for Orville and Orville by Gibson guitars

Moderator: ned

Post Reply
Innadaze
Guitar God
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California USA
Contact:

Wow!

Post by Innadaze » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:20 pm

Wow! I paid $400 for my mint-condition solid top OBG LPS Brownburst Flametop about 3 years ago (at the very bottom of this pic):

Image

Somebody just dropped $1200 on one exactly like it!
http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do;js ... DS00326034

Like I said, WOW!

swimrunner
Plucker
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by swimrunner » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:51 am

villager has one like that... and i've been wanting it forever ($1.8k > my cash though)

villager
Guitar God
Posts: 3680
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere.. France.
Contact:

Post by villager » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:11 pm

that one of mine has recently gone not for sale after i put a set of greco DRY-Z's in it ..its a solid flametop with graining, no scatchplate holes, and weighs in at 8.4 lbs...a great looker and player..

Innadaze
Guitar God
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California USA
Contact:

Post by Innadaze » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:48 pm

Mine is also extremely light (for a Les Paul), just a little over 8lbs. It's a sweet, beautiful sounding LP, the lightweight is a bonus. Some of my LPs are as heavy as a tank--gorgeous sounding but definitely made for sit-down playing. I've got two other OBG LPS's the same year that are also just as light (below) and sweet sounding. I think $550 is the highest I gave for any of the three. I routinely remove the PU covers from about half my Gibsons. If you noticed, the brownburst isn't a zebra but has no covers either.

Image

Must be the mahogany they used for that particular run. If I ever went back out on the road these would be the ones I'd take. BTW, all of mine fall into the not-for-sale-ever category.

villager
Guitar God
Posts: 3680
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere.. France.
Contact:

Post by villager » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:37 am

lol....

with well over 150 guitars now the wife says i have to sell the occasional one....

dosmun
I only know 3 chords
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:09 am
Location: Midland, MI USA

Post by dosmun » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:40 am

villager wrote:lol....

with well over 150 guitars now the wife says i have to sell the occasional one....

We want pics :D

villager
Guitar God
Posts: 3680
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere.. France.
Contact:

Post by villager » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:05 pm

heh just click on my sig..

dosmun
I only know 3 chords
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:09 am
Location: Midland, MI USA

Post by dosmun » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:23 pm

I've seen the site, I mean I want a family photo the whole family at once. :P :wink:

Innadaze
Guitar God
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California USA
Contact:

Post by Innadaze » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:49 pm

dosmun wrote:I've seen the site, I mean I want a family photo the whole family at once. :P :wink:
Click on my sig and you'll see almost the 'whole family photograph.' There's still about 10 or 15 others (mostly acoustics but also a recently acquired '54 RI Goldtop with P-90's that I haven't put down long enough to take pictures of) that are at the house but haven't quite made it in to the family album yet.

villager
Guitar God
Posts: 3680
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere.. France.
Contact:

Post by villager » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:41 pm

heh ...

dosmun
I only know 3 chords
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:09 am
Location: Midland, MI USA

Post by dosmun » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:01 pm

Innadaze wrote:
dosmun wrote:I've seen the site, I mean I want a family photo the whole family at once. :P :wink:
Click on my sig and you'll see almost the 'whole family photograph.' There's still about 10 or 15 others (mostly acoustics but also a recently acquired '54 RI Goldtop with P-90's that I haven't put down long enough to take pictures of) that are at the house but haven't quite made it in to the family album yet.


8) Nice collection 8)

btmish
Guitar God
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:57 pm

Post by btmish » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:00 pm

dosmun wrote:
Innadaze wrote:
dosmun wrote:I've seen the site, I mean I want a family photo the whole family at once. :P :wink:
Click on my sig and you'll see almost the 'whole family photograph.' There's still about 10 or 15 others (mostly acoustics but also a recently acquired '54 RI Goldtop with P-90's that I haven't put down long enough to take pictures of) that are at the house but haven't quite made it in to the family album yet.


8) Nice collection 8)
Wow impressive. I have been telling myself I need to get rid of some guitars...but you may have saved me from that!

MIJvintage
Guitar God
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:08 am
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
Contact:

Post by MIJvintage » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:14 pm

btmish wrote:
Wow impressive. I have been telling myself I need to get rid of some guitars...but you may have saved me from that!
Your brain is telling you; Buy more guitars, Buy more guitars, Buy more, Buy, Buy, Buy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......................
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... ij_vintage

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis

3pupLPC
Guitar God
Posts: 501
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:56 am
Location: NJ USA

Post by 3pupLPC » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:00 pm

Innadaze- Please adopt me.
"In all you ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path..." Prov. 3:6

Post Reply