can anybody tell me something about my yamaha lord player???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sindbad

Reaction score
well,i can tell you :it sounds great :D
it ha sgot the open book headstock,two screws in the trussrodcover,model is lord player 400.i searched the web for serialnumber information,but it could only tell me that it might have been build in 1975 or 1985 due to the fact that yamaha repeates it serials every ten years.

does anybody know anything about pick-up specs,wood been used and so on and maybe the year when yamaha discontinued the lord player series?
thanks a lot
oh,of course here?s the serial number 5 P 21023 (stamped)

hi
try looking at this link ....
otto
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7083&highlight=yamaha

thanx,i already had a view on this link but doesn?t seem to be helpful .someone says,lord players were only build from 80-81, others say it was build in 85 and so on.
th preowner told me for example the body wood might be from basswood,while others tell me its mahagony or something like plywood.
really confusing.well i don?t mind wether its an 81 or 85 build guitar ,nor do i about the wood-my guitar sounds beautifully anyway.
it?s just a matter of interest.

but thanks a lot for attempting to help me

sindbad said:
thanx,i already had a view on this link but doesn?t seem to be helpful .someone says,lord players were only build from 80-81, others say it was build in 85 and so on.
th preowner told me for example the body wood might be from basswood,while others tell me its mahagony or something like plywood.
really confusing.well i don?t mind wether its an 81 or 85 build guitar ,nor do i about the wood-my guitar sounds beautifully anyway.
it?s just a matter of interest.

but thanks a lot for attempting to help me

hi
try looking at this link then ,,,,,,
otto
http://www.historicguitar.com/id9.html

hi otto.thanks for your support.i already found this page but seem not to give to much information about the lord player series.

the ones I`ve seen here are multi piece bodies, even as high as the 800 series...the low ends like the 400 that show up here are pan cake as well as 3 or more pieces side by side. Never heard of any being basswood nor plywood. I have an SG-35 from the early 70s and it`s neither, and it`s appears to be a one piece body.
This is a nice site but nothing on Lord Players or Studio Lords...

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/guitar/eg/database/

well,thanks to everybody for your help.it seems the lord player never really existed cuause there seem to be no information about this beautiful guitar :-?

they show up all the time on the Japanese web. It seems Yamaha were never very good at keeping records on their early stuff...I have a bunch of 50s and 60s acoustics that there is no info on except at one web site where collectors gather to exchange data, and the two Japan Vintage books I have with some inf o but not a lot...many pics though.
Old Yamahas have a much greater following here in Japan compared to just about anywhere else evidently. The 400 series does not attract as many as the high ends do, theres been a 500 series in a local used shop for months but at $200.oo nobodys bitten yet, frets are going to need work on it. If they drop the price I`ll go for it. It does have a multi piece back and pancake body.

I need to know can you tell something about the Yamaha lord player that was available at the Tokai forum that has the all registry available. I have to check the all post replies on this that has the all buyessayclub review it was able to check the all formation on this that was good to read.

Latest posts

Back