How much guitars with serial number 205802 ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi!
I just found a Tokai Love Rock on german ebay with the serial number 205802 ( http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1417687248 ).
In the Tokai registry i found 2 (!) entries with this serial. Can someone tell me why?
Greetinx,
Volker

[Anonymously Posted by: 'barry']

Volker,

The reason is that guitar is a 2001 Limited Edition which is made in Korea. Korean models do not have serial numbers- that number is the model number. I thought these guitars were build specifically for a Canadian retailer but he must have sold some to other retailers throughout the world as the eBay link appears to be in German.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Mike']

Hi there!
I just bought a Tokai strat type with serial L20477 - and the headstock painted black and the body White. I have been told that it should be a '84 model. Pickups is S/S/H.
Any information out there?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ove Nielsen']

Ove,

The only thing we've learned to date concerning the Fender replicas is that the headstock and logo seem to be the clue. They early models (often called Lawsuite models) have headstocks that are shaped exactly like a Fender, the logo script is the same as Fender as well. The change seemed to happed sometime between '81-'84, and I've been told the time frame is different between the US and the rest of the world.

Don't forget to register the guitar.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

Latest posts

Back