burny les paul is to heavy, should i route out the back?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
burnyIII said:
Excuse my harsh words, but whimps and fags do annoy me too much.

If you think that all of the people who spoke out against your ignorant comments did so because of "political correctness", you're sadly wrong. As well as sad. Refusing to accept racism, sexism, homophobia etc is nothing to do with "political correctness" - that was a term invented in the 70s to encourage people to change the language they used. Since then, society as a whole has changed in it's view of what is acceptable to say - not political correctness but respect and courtesy to your fellow man and woman.

For example, in the 70s in Britain (I can't speak for other countries), it was not uncommon to hear white people openly refer to non-white people by various racist terms. That is no longer acceptable - people who wish to use these terms have to do so quietly and in private for fear of being condemned for their ignorance. In a small way, society has moved on. Sadly, it appears that you haven't.

You might believe that "political correctness is a rather sick invention". To most decent people these days, bigotry is a great deal sicker. If you wish to promulgate your bigotted views of a minority group (in this case "fags", but I'm sure there must be others who "annoy you"), kindly go and do it elsewhere.

Now could we get back to guitars and related musical topics please?

Mike

cyberpunk409 said:
at the risk of getting flamed, i must concur ...

Yep.
Polical "correctness" sometimes has sick effects and just hides resentments, without really changing them. Imho.

Back to guitars:
what villager and me wrote 'bout the right guitar strap
is more usefull than that tokenistic indignation, imho.

CYah
B.

stratman323 said:
burnyIII said:
Excuse my harsh words, but whimps and fags do annoy me too much.

For example, in the 70s in Britain (I can't speak for other countries), it was not uncommon to hear white people openly refer to non-white people by various racist terms. That is no longer acceptable - people who wish to use these terms have to do so quietly and in private for fear of being condemned for their ignorance. In a small way, society has moved on. Sadly, it appears that you haven't.

Mike

Oh it still exists openly here in the South - rural Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia....etc.

A carry over from a generation before mine for sure, but still existant and spoken unabashedly. Makes me queasy when I hear someone use those epithats in conversation....and even more so from educated, eloquent white folks....They've just grown up knowing and hearing that from their parents, grandparents and so forth. Is it acceptable - not at all. That's why I and so many people bristled at burnyIII's words.

Whatever.....I don't want to get too semantic here. It's a guitar forum and I'd like to think that we are all friends. Let's just be respectful of one another because in the most simple terms, we don't know each other's ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or political affiliation. Let's keep it that way. I come here to escape the crap going on in the world today.

benrod clearly loves his Burny, let him do what he wants to it...its his guitar not ours

Back to the subject....

I prefer a bit light guitar regarding weight just because it?s more comfortable and I?m not as tall as some of you.I have a 4,5 kg Tokai which is a really good guitar,my 2nd best solid guitar and I enjoy it a lot great secondary tones on it.I have an old Ibanez ,it weights 4,8 kg,maybe a bit more and it?s a good sounding guitar and very very versatile,but weight takes me not to play so much because back headache.On another side I can stand LP style guitar weigh but for any reason I can?t a strat, I don?t know why....

It's easy to solve this problem. If a LP type is too heavy for you (and I don't blame you - they ARE far too heavy), get a Strat. You'll look cooler and sound better.

Easy. :p

Next problem please.... :wink:

stratman323 said:
It's easy to solve this problem. If a LP type is too heavy for you (and I don't blame you - they ARE far too heavy), get a Strat. You'll look cooler and sound better.

hehe ...sound thinner and weaker more like.... :D :D :evil:

Yeah, of course, sorry I forgot. Stevie Ray & Jimi had such a thin, weak tone didn't they?

My mistake :lol:

stratman323 said:
Yeah, of course, sorry I forgot. Stevie Ray & Jimi had such a thin, weak tone didn't they?

My mistake :lol:

Well, their tone (when they played strats) wasn't exactly as fat as a good Lester sound, was it?

Ahh, of course i am wrong. Of course a strat does deliver that typical Le Paul tone, the warmth, the sustain, the fat mids and round basses, how could i doubt ;

who finds some irony may keep it ;)

I just found my forever strat vintage style(altough a 9,5" radius) since about two years ago: Navigator NST-300M,fantastic guitar!...and fairly overall good weight :D

OK, if you don't like Strats, get hold of a Gibson Blues Hawk. I recently picked one up on eBay, great little guitar, very lightweight & very versatile. It's about as light as a LP is heavy.

I was going to do a review of it, but as a late 90s US Gibson it's a bit off topic for this group.

villager said:
stratman323 said:

hehe ...sound thinner and weaker more like.... :D :D :evil:

Two totally different animals and not a fair comparison. As for weaker and thinner, Clapton, Blackmore, Trower, Gilmour, Gallagher, Beck, Ron Wood, Tommy Bolin, Lowell George, etc would argue that point.

Not to mention Bonnie Raitt, Ry Cooder, SRV, Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, John Frusciante, Billy Gibbons, etc. etc. etc.

:p

Back