Tarnished hardware?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100watt

Reaction score
Bought a new LS150 a few months ago and now the finish appears to be coming off the bridge, the tail piece and the screws holding them. I know this is desirable to some in the world of relics and such, but I like things new to look new for a little longer than a few months. Any body else had this problem. Am I being too fussy?

It's one of the good/bad depending how you look at it things about nickel hardware. The only way to keep it looking newer for longer is to clean the hardware each time you play it. It reacts to sweat.

I know it's nice to have a shiny new guitar but you will like it more as it starts to look played, If you think you feel bad now wait till the first time you ding it! It WILL happen :wink:

100watt said:
Too late already done! One very unhappy ding on the headstock. Oh well welcome to played in.

Think of them as beauty marks. Also makes it easier to identify your gear if someone decides to make off with it.

Never thought of it like that. Takes some getting used to the "lived in " look instead of shiny shiny. Never mind still sounds the biz!

Now it will look like you're an experienced guitarist, rather than someone who's just started playing. Fender charge about ?200 more for the Custom Shop guitars with knocks and bangs on them - they''re called relics. So your guitar is now a light relic - be happy! :lol:

Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish will bring the shine back and protect it from oxidation.

Autosol is the best metal polish I have ever used. I used it on some really badly tarnished gold bathroom taps and was amazed how good it was.

Just thank the lord you don't have gold hardware. Eight months from new before I ate through the half the gold on the pickup covers of my old Sheraton!

I had this problem with some gold hardware and it was absolutely terrible. I won't buy another guitar with gold. I hate dings too, but they will always happen if you play it enough.

Latest posts

Back