'67 Style Flying V copy...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I had inquired about these guitars to a few dealers and have been told they are no longer made. First of all, is this true? If it is, where can I find a used one and what would it probably go for? I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!! Prefer black if you know of one!

Now also, I have two vintage Ibanez V's and I love them. Does anyone know how the Tokai's compare? Awe heck-I still want one anyway!

Thank you for any help,
John

[Anonymously Posted by: 'John']

I don't know the difference between the V's but Tokai still makes at least one model. Tokai UK has it on it's site:
http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/Other_fv48.html
I don't think you'll be disappointed with a Tokai, both Tokai and Ibanez make great guitars (the japanese models, I haven't tried any korean ones).

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Michael']

I have one of both, surprisingly they both have black pickguards, I changed the tokai to white, the basic difference is weight, my 77 ibanez is alittle heavier, overall the tokai neck a bit smaller and lighter, tone wise the ibanez i found to be an all out rock guitar, the tokai seems to be a little more plyable, makes me want to play blues or rock n' roll, probably weight related, not sure if the tokai has original pu's, but has a nice bite, a little more open.

By the way the tokai mentioned in the last post is a 70's or 80's, I have no idea how to date tokai's, I've got 4, all older models, just wondering Ted or anybody else, how does 1 date them, Iv'e seen the new model mfg dates but not older models for ex. a strat with 4 digits. By the way I would hunt down an older V, if you've got the patience and the money.

John,

Check out the Catalogs page, under Tokai Info, on the site, the 1999 and 2000 catalog both have V's. As far as determining the date of the older Gibson's, we need more entries in the Gibson registry, under Add to Registry, to try and find a pattern.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

Latest posts

Back