Looks fishy to me....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure there was a thread here a year or so ago that said this headstock is a genuine Tokai but for a Specific Market, cant remember which country, Canada maybe ?. I am sure someone else will remember the details

honeyboy said:
It is clearly the Chinese made Dillion DXC-650F Gold Top that is sold in Canada.

A genuine imitation copy of a copy.

No its not. Its very different looking from the new Dillion GTs available. That appears to be an early 2000s Canadian/US market Tokai when they were still testing the lawsuit boundries here.

the wording and the typos in this ebay-listing are very much along the same lines as the guy who tried to sell me a '68 Fender Deluxe some 2-3 weeks ago. Of course the user-name changed. drill down!

I posted it. JUST BE CAREFUL!

You'll be asked to transfer to a different paypal account because he/she is getting divorced.

Your money will be gone. The seller too.

Rupert

But this guy has got feedback from 909 people - how can it be the same guy? By the way Rupert, what happened about the amp you won?

JSD said:
honeyboy said:
It is clearly the Chinese made Dillion DXC-650F Gold Top that is sold in Canada.

A genuine imitation copy of a copy.

No its not. Its very different looking from the new Dillion GTs available. That appears to be an early 2000s Canadian/US market Tokai when they were still testing the lawsuit boundries here.
You're wrong.. It's the Dillion Gold Top.

honeyboy said:

Take a closer look you'll see you are the one who is wrong here. Just a quick look and I can see that....

1. The Dillion GT is a different shade of gold, its lighter in colour.

2. The Vol/tone controls on the Dillion are correct and not like the ones on that Tokai.

3. The truss rod cover on the Dillion has three screws and is smaller.

4. The bridge is slightly different, the one on the new Dillions is slightly wider.

5. The neck appears to be maple on the Tokai, the Dillion is all Africian mahogany, body and neck.

6. The strap pegs are bigger on the Tokai.

Ask the seller how much it weighs. The Dillion is chambered and only weighs about 7 pounds.

It is as I stated it is above, an early 2000s model that was avaialbe in Canada. I really don't care if you believe me or not, I have no connection with the seller and couldn't care less. I just hate to see all this mis-information.

JSD said:
honeyboy said:

Take a closer look you'll see you are the one who is wrong here. Just a quick look and I can see that....

1. The Dillion GT is a different shade of gold, its lighter in colour.

2. The Vol/tone controls on the Dillion are correct and not like the ones on that Tokai.

3. The truss rod cover on the Dillion has three screws and is smaller.

4. The bridge is slightly different, the one on the new Dillions is slightly wider.

5. The neck appears to be maple on the Tokai, the Dillion is all Africian mahogany, body and neck.

6. The strap pegs are bigger on the Tokai.

Ask the seller how much it weighs. The Dillion is chambered and only weighs about 7 pounds.

It is as I stated it is above, an early 2000s model that was avaialbe in Canada. I really don't care if you believe me or not, I have no connection with the seller and couldn't care less. I just hate to see all this mis-information.
Nope. It's the Dillion.

That would be a Korean Tokai avalible in Canada some time back, maple neck - scarf joint near 3 fret , etc.......TRC also shows this, alot shows this..

Back