New goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warless

Reaction score
Hey all, after years of acoustic i got my FIRST electric! and im pretty stoked about it. Its a beauty goldtop that plays like warm butter. BUT as it seems everyone is trying to do, I.D. the guitar. So im going to try and upload some pics. i havnt looked under the Pick ups yet as the strings are new.
Any ideas about MIK or MIJ? Im in Canada.

thanks!
Warless

PS how does one post images to the forum?

Heres the pics, anyone who can shed some light mainly on the MIK or MIJ question would be awesome. The only real stumper is the single screw up at the top of the neck?
full.jpg

headstock.jpg

back.jpg

back2.jpg

No serial # eh, its not a Canadian market Tokai then. Is it new or used? It sounds like it may be a MIK or new MIC model from overseas.

Single screw truss rod cover = MiC....the aussie market MiC have the single screw.

Ive seen Tokais with 1 screw in Canada myrareguitars sells them

Ozeshin said:
Single screw truss rod cover = MiC....the aussie market MiC have the single screw.

All the MIC Tokais that I have seen have had 3 screws on the TRC. The Aussie market guitars are "kosher".

Also the cover for the switch should have 3 screws, LP Old (P90's) are cream, the knobs look slightly too far back (although the pic angle is not too good), dimple headstock, oddball TRC shape......

That is not a Tokai that I recognise.

Hmmmm, so could this be a copy of a Tokai? i suppose getting into see the serial number would help.
What does TRC stand for?

thanks
r

stratmoto said:
Ozeshin said:

All the MIC Tokais that I have seen have had 3 screws on the TRC. The Aussie market guitars are "kosher".

Also the cover for the switch should have 3 screws, LP Old (P90's) are cream, the knobs look slightly too far back (although the pic angle is not too good), dimple headstock, oddball TRC shape......

That is not a Tokai that I recognise.
I agree...the only MiC Aussie market goldtops that I have seen had cream P90

It's definately MIK or one of the newer MIC - the giveaway is the lack of position markers/pointers on the control knobs and also the bridge hardware which is typical of the MIK/MIC bridges (screwdriver slots & thumbwheels for adjustment)... Still -looks nice! The one screw TRC is also used on the MIK PR50 types...

Peace, Al

Latest posts

Back