ls-120 on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
villager said:
...and all he had to do was read it..!!!!

Mark,

I agree ... it's not expensive - but something must be fishy ... perhaps he's playing with the fact that nobody can know exactly what it is actually ... 8) 8) 8) 8)

A Reborn / Old would be cheap ... a Love Rock in not original condition not so much ... :-? :-? :-?

So - if someone did remove the model name he usually wants to hide something ... and as it is not original I would suggest ... beware !!

Roger

the last battered reborn sold last week in Japan for just under 200000 yen...

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n54229584

so thats ?884 plus ?60 shipping plus 23% =?1160...without any intermediaries fees....

so in my opinion, that makes that one cheap whether its a reborn / old / or a love rock.....

prices are continuing to rise in japan for the top end rareities, and will continue to do so...

I still think there is a logo on the headstock ..if you have seen as many as I have then you wouldn't believe how faded some are....

it would be great if a german speaking member (roger?) could ask him for a clear pic, and explain that no one will bid without knowing what the headstock says....

villager said:
so in my opinion, that makes that one cheap whether its a reborn / old / or a love rock.....

prices are continuing to rise in japan for the top end rareities, and will continue to do so...

Mark,

an all original LS120Reborn was offered to me for 1145 GBP from Japan ... local German taxes and fees additional ... on 2006 already ...

So you can't say that the prices are equal whether it's a Reborn/Old or Love Rock ... they did check our hunting after specialties already and raise up the prices merciless ... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Roger

villager said:
in 2006 that was expensive roger....

now its normal...

ok not the same .... love rock will be slightly cheaper ..but not by a great deal....

you're suposed to say Roger when you finished talking.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

20 century boy said:
villager said:
in 2006 that was expensive roger....

now its normal...

ok not the same .... love rock will be slightly cheaper ..but not by a great deal....

you're suposed to say Roger when you finished talking.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

... that was a good one ... 8) 8)

Roger

Doesn't it look like somebody did some "refreshing" with PaintshopPro??? The middle of the headstock looks too black to me.

Well, the answer of the seller was: he is sure that it is an old Tokai.. :eek:
Didn't answer questions about the cavity or fret binding, but wanted to show some more pictures in a few days......

settebello said:
I think, he really dont know whats about that 120.

... maybe you're right, Volker ... :-? :-?

... what makes me actually perplex is, that all answers on the similar questions are short and unmeaningly ... :eek: :eek:

Roger

... but tell me please ... perhaps I've got a little bit closed-minded in the meantime ... :oops:

I can't imagine that an owner of a '80s Tokai is not able to tell what model it might be ... ??!! Is that possible ?? 8)
On the other hand ... he knows that B. Gibbons played one which is a real "insider" stuff ... :-? :-?

If you would awake me in the middle of the night I could give you all relevant specs and characteristics of my guitars ... for sure !! :wink:
OK - there aren't so many ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

the seller now put on some more pictures and an interesting story about the missing decal.

can somebody verify that? it is an interesting beast, albeit a bit pricey.

cheers. r
:eek:

If it's a real LS120 ....
... for a player, it is too expensive.
.... for a collector, there are too many modification made on this fiddle.

Anyhow, it is very interesting to see, where the vintage Tokai market place moves ..

Latest posts

Back