Somehow - I don't think so ...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are using a Tokai photo - that's the same background Tokai uses for product shots.

This zero feedback seller is a swindler.
The pic shows a 2002 US NLS model with 90 angled reversed poti knobs and modified cutaway

His reply to me for pictures, etc:

Response from allister_mac_d
allister_mac_d( 0)
Positive feedback: 0%
Registered on: www.ebay.ca

Item: 1980s Tokai Love Rock - Les Paul Copy (200096721392)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
allister_mac_d is the seller.

Hi,
I don't have a digital camera, sorry! There's no serial number on the headstock and that picture is just to give you an idea of what the guitar looks like - it's from google. I have an e-mail off to Tokai to try and obtain the serial number.
Cheers!
Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

I have been in contact with this fellow and he is going to email me pics of the the actual guitar. He says he has taken pics with a film camera and is waiting to have the lab process the film.

I am curious as to why you think this is a scam as I would like to buy a Tokai Love Rock and so far he had the cheapest one on eBay. I contacted him before the auction ended and now he wants to make a deal outside of ebay. Should I beware? I am totally new at this ebay thing and really don't want to get ripped off. I have offered him $450CDN until I see pics of the actual guitar...

Now..are there any of you more experienced buys/sellers on here that think I should steer clear of this deal? If so please speak up now. All opinions on this are most welcome!

regards,

ogp

1) Zero rated seller (sell something cheap to build up a rep first maybe?)
2) No digital camera (who tries to sell something on line without a digital camera??)
3) Offers outside of ebay
4) Cheapest one around

Just from a purchasing from ebay point of view all of these would make me stear well away from him I'm afraid.

From the guitar point of view if Ned and Togps aren't sure its for real then I doubt very much it is.

togps said:
This zero feedback seller is a swindler.
The pic shows a 2002 US NLS model with 90 angled reversed poti knobs and modified cutaway

oldguitarplayer, there is no need to post it twice!

But if you like to make your own experience...
.... go for it!

"I have an e-mail off to Tokai to try and obtain the serial number."

Interesting, I wonder how he worded his email "Dear Tokai, I have one of your guitars, its a love rock. I don't have any pictures. There is no serial number on the guitar, do you know what it is?

Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near this guy!

Cool..so far I am getting some very helpful responses. I think I will steer away from this one.

Thanks again folks!

ogp

Latest posts

Back