Heads Up! Two MM-2001 Love Rocks on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy56

Reaction score
Hi folks,
These are not my auctions but I do own two of these guitars and mine are excellent. These are the ones made in Korea to Japan specs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=914096867

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=914097017

Cheers,
Rob

Weren't those guitars being sold for around $400 new a couple months ago? Maybe prices have driven up that much that soon, but neither auction met reserve. New store-bought ones ARE getting harder to come by... What's up with that? 'Hope the Registry is not responsible for the increase...

Hi,
I've never seen them at that price! These aren't the standard Korean made guitar. These are built to Japanese specs and are of a much higher quality than the Korean axes. (Although they are great as well - I have a goldtop with the Tigsby).

If you can't afford the $$$ for an old Japanese made Tokai, the MM 2001s will fit the bill. I paid around $550. US (each) for my two.

How do I know this much about them????? The Tokai Registry! :D :D

Thanks Ned!
Rob

re: I paid around $550. US (each) for my two.

That was a used (mint) price! :oops: :roll:

Cheers,
Rob

Are both of your's sunburst finishes? I saw Mike, from Canada, sell quite a few MM Limited Love Rocks on eBay before he ran out of 'em. They looked like seriously nice guitars for the money. I have bought a 'burst Everest LP and a black Dillion LP from him, and both are great Korean instruments!

Hi,

Yes, one is chery sunburst, and the other is like a honey burst. There was a gold top in the MM 2001 Limited Edition series with P-90s and I may buy one of those to complete the "set". I really, really like those guitars! I also have the Korean Tokai Goldtop with the Tigsby trem, and while the quality isn't the same, it is also a great guitar!

If I can get a photo taken I will put them up on the web somewhere. I'll post it here!
Cheers,
Rob

Oops, one is on the photos page on this site!!
Just look for MM2001 .......

Did the Gold Top come from Ring, or Songbird? I see stuff on the web, but know there is an entire world that doesn't revolve around the internet also...
(I play a Heritage GT, and it's my favorite...) I never thought I'd own/like a painted top, but the gold has kinda changed my mind, along with the outragous flametops and quilts produced lately.

Hi,

I bought it at a great store in Toronto called Capsule Music. They have a very nice tokai Les Paul Jr. there ... you can see it at:

http://168.144.171.147/capsulemusic/retail/detail.asp?ID=126

I always prefer to buy a guitar locally rather than unplayed over the internet ... besides it good to support local guitar shops!

I think some of the flametops these days are a little too crazy, but the top of the line Gibson Les Pauls are indeed beautiful.

Cheers,
Rob

I agree. The flames and quilts have gotten out of control. That's what I meant about the gold tops... The guitar has got to stand on it's own, precisely because there is no whacked out flame or quilt. I do really enjoy a subtle well-matched flametop with a chevron "V" design on the top. Maybe the PRS and Gibson custom shops are pushing the wild stuff, but I'll take the more understated look every time...

BTW: Nice blue Miranda.

Hi again,

Thanks! It is a wonderful guitar. As far as fit and finish goes, it blows Gibson away. :D :D
Cheers,
Rob

Back