1984 tokai les paul custom copy question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc

Reaction score
Hi allz
i ve spotted a Tokai 1984 Les Paul custom copy in wine red for sell for 475$ cnadian dollars, but the model name is confusing me, the guy says it s a TWR 60 or TRW 60, which i can t find in any catalogs from that era. In the other hand it looks more like TLC 65 (65 cause it s wine red????am i right??) to me. Did tokai ever produce other LC in wine red???
and what do you think is the real model name for that guitar????
thanks

The real model name of a Love Rock Custom is "LC", Standard's have always been "LS". I have seen some wine red models, but I'm not sure if they produced any in the 80's.

Check the tokai catalogue section. I had an '84 catalogue and I'm sure I saw a wine red custom in there. Or phone up 'Wizard Guitar's' in Doncaster and ask them - I think they have one in stock and it's early eightie's.

thank you guys for your reply
i ve checked catalogs and it should be a LC 60 or 65

I have an 82' LC in wine red, according to it's serial number.

Unfortunately, I have not managed to nail the model # precisely yet. From the information I can find, in 82' they made the LC50 and LC100 - the difference being # pieces in the body and neck and perhaps the fretboard material. On mine there are no markings on the fretboard or inside the pickup cavities to make it easy. The neck is most definitely one piece which suggests that it is an LC100 as the LC50 was advertised I believe as having a 3-piece neck. I have been unable to determine 100% the body/top composition.

Is there anyone who can say exactly what the differences were between the two models? Perhaps someone who speaks some Japanese and can interpret the catalogues.

Ebony board and laquer finish on LC100, avery desirable guitar to me....I would die for a 79-80 one....

I just got the LC in wine red i was talkin above.
seems like a two piece back with one piece top (not sure though, really difficult to see) and one piece neck with rosewood fingerboard with fret binding. made in 1984
Anyone knows which LC models had frets binding???

Back