LS 1000 30th Anniversary Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jawilluk said:
togps said:
Your behaviour is up to you.

Exactly! My behavior is up to me and is always civil, courteous and mindful of other peoples sensibilities. I do not call people stupid or crazy just because I disagree with their choices.

togps said:
Anyhow, I second buckwilds posting

Indeed I also agree with buckwilds posting but I didn't interpret his statement as meaning we, as customers, were crazy. My interpretation is that he used 'crazy' as meaning 'unacceptable'. I hope he will correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I wasn't calling anyone in particular crazy, I just think that the experience has been crazy. Having been promised something with several false dates cannot be fun.

This thread appears to have got distinctly silly!

The LS1000s will be coming very soon I feel sure... having said that, I have deliberatly chosen NOT to order any for stock or on behalf of any customers this time round following the chaos after the LS150s.

However... BADGER (was it you)... you SHOULD have had an LS150 by now as they did arrive eventually around the end of August, beginning of September.... that was the shipment that SHOULD have come in sometime in April!!

I know I have got some guitars from Tokai coming in the next week which have been on order fo ra long time... mainly Korean stuff mind you... but I just took delivery of a cherry red SG60/70 (Jap) that I have been waiting for a while for, so some Jap stuff is now coming in... hoepfully LS1000s on that shipment?

Jamieh all I have to say is:

L150
You're having a laugh.
L150
You're having a laugh.

My colour choice didn't turn up.
However, I've still got a deposit on the LS150.
Come to think of it, I've got a deposit on a LS1000 too!!!

10 days now is it? Thats about a week later than the last date I had which was a week later than the date before. Anybody notice Christmas is coming? That puts the date at 21st December. Never gonna happen! I'm trying to get my deposit back at the moment.

Badger said:
Jamieh all I have to say is:

L150
You're having a laugh.
L150
You're having a laugh.

My colour choice didn't turn up.
However, I've still got a deposit on the LS150.
Come to think of it, I've got a deposit on a LS1000 too!!!

That really is CRAP man!! I am very sorry for you!

What colour did you want out of interest?

Dark Cherry sunburst - it's so long ago I nearly forgot the colour!
I have enough guitars to keep me happy - just thought a les paul type would be nice!

Apparently only the first four guitars will be in the UK before Christmas and it seems the colours and numbers have been switched around.

togps said:
:lol: :lol:

It's sad to see you get enjoyment from the misfortunes of other forum members.

Anyway I'll wish you a happy Christmas and I'll wonder what we ever did to you to deserve such treatment.

jawilluk said:
togps said:
:lol: :lol:

It's sad to see you get enjoyment from the misfortunes of other forum members.

Anyway I'll wish you a happy Christmas and I'll wonder what we ever did to you to deserve such treatment.

I don't think it was intended that way, mate, more of a dig at how funny the whole daft situation has got. Reading guitarslingers post about it, it seems to me like a catalogue of errors. Maybe you have to laugh, or you'd cry :D

I know this I?m going to say it?s not fair for people paying money in advance,but ?just remmember Tokai is very busy now and they only used quality wood,they do not use any wood for their japanese instruments so we must be patient again...will get really quality instruments sure.

Wow what a cock up! Can't beleive anybody can run a buisness this way!
I'm surprised anybody wants a Tokai after the 150 problems an now this.

Main Entry: shambles
Definition: mess

Synonyms: botch, botchery, chaos, confusion, disarray, disorder, disorganization, hash, havoc, hodgepodge, madhouse, maelstrom, mess-up, mix-up, muddle.

Can I scream now??? I still want a Tokai - it's just not happening.

Bob Murdoch only said last week that the LS1000's were bang on time. My line is now going to be suspending all belief in anything regarding Tokai sales.

I now need guitar counselling.

I see lots of new Tokais on the Japanese web these days, not unusual for them to take care of their own before they think of anybody else...just how it works over here.

You can have things cheap, fast or good.

Pick two, can't have all three.

Tokai are great instruments for a reasonable price, and they come from half a world away. Guess we can't expect them to be on time. My plan is just to visit Japan and buy a couple there. Less agrivation.

My genuine sympathies to everyone who ordered. Guitars are the hardest things to wait for!

I am still waiting for a shipment of LS48s that I had ordered in September, for November delivery for Christmas sales....

They shouldn't be hard to supply!!!!!

As far as I am concerned where Tokai guitars are concerned, I will ONLY offer for sale what I have in stock!!! It is ridiculous, but I don't know where the fault is, whether it is Bob at Tokai UK, or the Japanese supply end.... although the 48s I've been waiting for are obv Korean/Chinese, I guess it must all be handled by the Jap end?

Back