Tune of the day

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't really 'dig' the blues, tudor but that was quite good.
Coach. I love both of those versions but I reckon on this occasion that The Buzzcocks win it. Their version is better. Pete's choruses sound awesome. LOVE that song.

Talking heads ~ Psycho killer

This Wheel's On Fire - Julie Driscoll & The Brian Auger Trinity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_rQ8Tr-XHA

Roger

Still Got A Long Way To Go - Alice Cooper
I Look Alone - Buzzcocks

+ a song I actually hate (but it's stuck in my head like the discarded bubblegum it is):

Are You Ready For Love - Elton John

good call with the Alice Cooper track goblin!

Happy memories of being a 12 year old AC fanatic when "Billion Dollar Babies" was released!

You drive me nervous-Alice Cooper

Surfs Up-Beach Boys

The men who made me love Teles ... :lol: :lol:

Don't Waste My Time - The Status Quo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvpbpobj9pk

Roger

The man who made me love TV yellow Jnrs (but NOT heroin):

Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers - Pirate Love

Hey lads. Went to The Damned gig last night. My God. Guess who I met!?

My idol!

After the gig the keyboard player came out and I chatted and got a piccy with him.

Then Captain Sensible came out. He signed my homemade BLAH t shirt (his political party), gave me a party rosette he'd worn during the gig and we chatted about Paul Weller, trains and the war amongst other things. He was actually worried about signing the front of my "nice" shirt.
"Captain". I said. "I've waited 30 years for this mate. SIGN WHERE YOU WANT AND MAKE IT BIG!"
Then he went on to tell the bouncers to leave us alone for a bit (they were telling us to leave) while we chatted again. The bouncer just walked away.

I've got some brill piccies with him. My shirt, rosette and those pics are all going into a big frame.

I'm still in shock.

I'll try and post some pics when I put them on my PC.

The Damned ~ Plan 9 channel 7.

Brilliant Deadman-well done!

I remember getting backstage at gigs at Leeds Uni in 1978/79 (my mate was a student there).

Met The Clash and The Banshees!!!

Joe Strummer was everything you would imagine-what a gent!

Siouxsie was every punks dream women-sigh!

Great call Guitargoblin;

the man who made me love double cut cherry juniors; Mick Jones

Janie Jones-The Clash

wow! :eek:

captain sensible! :p

great!

(what did he say about paul Weller?)
Paul Weller: the man who made me love firebirds. Even if it was only in one video, it started there for me. :D

4 years since Joe's death, coach. :cry:

I'd have loved to have met him (and Siouxsie!)

CB - I have to stress I was a little drunk. After I'd given him a manly hug and got my photo taken with him I was like..

Me: "Oh man Captain I can't believe I'm hanging with Captain Sensible...Oh my God..."

Capt: "Hehe..."

Me: "Could you imagine what'd it be like for you meeting Marc Bolan, or Syd Barrett.....or Paul Weller...."

Capt: "Paul's OK. He just thinks that the world owes him a living. He needs to chill out a bit..."

Me: "I thought you always said he was a tosser!!"

Capt: "No. That's only me joking around. He knows it. He's alright Paul..."

Still in shock. :eek:

The Captain is everything I ever imagined him to be, ever since I was a 10 year old kid listening to Damned Damned Damned to now. He's a lovely bloke, really friendly, chatty and gives you his time.

I don't think Ball Smeller was a tosser THEN, but he certainly comes across as a tosser now. Hell, even Terry Hall & Neville Staples are tossers now & they made one of the best albums of all time.

No idea Ball Smeller played a Firebird once, BTW. How uncharacteristically rock'n'roll of him.

It's on the video of "Hung Up" but it might be Noel Gallagher's one because he use to have the exact same ( reverse, 3 p90).

Well, just as long as their records are good they can be wathever they want, I don't care at all. :wink:

Army Dreamers-Kate Bush

Tickets to Waterfalls-Jace Bruce

Paul Weller's post Style Coucil career based on such as -

Freedom Rider-Traffic (good taste though Paul)

Noel Gallagher?? *sound of uncontrolled puking* I take it back, Firebirds aren't rock'n'roll at all!

Latest posts

Back