Recommend a tuner?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscanlan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a tuner that shows more than the standard EADGBE tuning? I know I can tune the 1st fret to this tuning to that the guitar is tuned down half a step but I'd like a tuner that allowed me to do that with an open string.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Spence

I bought a KORG CA30 recently to replace the crappy tuner I had.
Chromatic, cheap, accurate, calibrate function, mic/input jack. You can use it for any kind of tuning. Couldn't be happier with it.

I think the CA40 also has a output jack and a higher calibration range.

The Peterson Strobe-o-stomp (or some such silly name). It's actually 100 times more accurate than a standard electronic tuner, and not only will read ANY note, but you can even programn it for drop tunings, Buz Feiton, and so on specifically. Spendy, but I would never go back to anything less.

+1 on any Peterson for sure, I would invest in this now instead of 20 years down the road, you'll enjoy your playing much more. BUT if you can't swing the bucks the NEW Boss tu-15 is the 2nd best tuner to buy. The most accurate tuner next to a Peterson period. I know I've checked them together and it does ALL kinds of tunings all the way down to 5 semitones and open tunings, it also has a new mode that really makes intonating a guitar much easier and it's very accurate. Hard to explain but it factors in the pitch change once you fret the note, REALLY cool and it works. Fret a note on any string and any postion and watch your note change in pitch on the tuner, the Boss factors that in so when you fret the note it's not nearly as far off!!

Bob

I recommend ears, they are a great brand and work very well, also i don't think they cost very much :p

I am quite comfortable using ears! Sad when you see people who can't. However, for adjusting intonation, and playing it safe in the studio in this day of over dubbs, the Peterson is a worthwhile addition.

Back