• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Small valve amp 1-10W eg Fender champ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven generator

Reaction score
HI there,
anyone have a smallish low powered valve amp for sale? Looking for something fairly clean sounding but ableto get a bit of breakup when pushed. Good price payed! Thanks

V

I have been using a ART 2000 Express Tube preamp/Effects unit for almost 6 years now-
it has a 12Ax7 tube in it- you can make ANY amp break up and sound like a real Marshall or Fender Tube amp

True- guess anything with a tube can be made to break up. I'm hoping for a combo style amp though - one that I don't have to use ear shattering volumes to get overdrive for. I fancy something like a small Champ (6W I think) perhaps stick a tubescreamer in front if I need that little extra.

Cheers
V

Have you checked out the epiphone Valve jr? I've heard good things about them, especially for the price for the combo ($139 new, less than $100 used).

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEPABKJR

Epiphone valve junior is a great buy, but make sure you get one of the recent ones as some of the early ones had background noise problems. I think the new ones have two pinstripes on the control panel and early ones had three, but that might be the wrong way round. Brilliant sound though and they also do a head only version.

I do like the look of the valve Jnr - I see someone selling modded ones on ebay which cut down the hum - those look pretty nice. THink I prefer that over the metaamp head - pity they dont make a little combo version thaht would be very smart!

Still keeping my eyes peeled for a Champ though..

Back