Tokai jazz guitar ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Jones

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to buy a jazz guitar (es-175 style) but like many of us I can't afford the Gibson model. There is the epiphone version, but I doubt that the quality will be up to my expectations. Does tokai has a jazz guitar model in their catalog today ? What's the name of the model and where can I buy it ?

Thanks !

I knowTokai (Korea) makes a nice ES175 model and I'd bet that Tokai Japan has one too - never seen one though.

I have two 80's Greco ES175's (one blonde Super Real model, and the other a beautiful sunburst). Incredible guitars but also scarce. Orville by Gibson also has ES175's floating around on ebay every once in a while

Perhaps one of our distinguished forum members can give you a hint where to locate one - you may need to get it from Japan.

frpax said:
Going along with this, I'd love to have a fat, hollow body single cutaway w/ 2 dog-ear P-90's.

I have an Epi Zephyr Blues Deluxe w/3 P90s and it is a really fine axe. I am not going to change out the PUPs as they do fine by me. I did change the volume/tone/switching configuration though:

Tone control on cutaway is now a 3-position switch ? la LP:
up = neck PUP
middle = neck/bridge
down = bridge

Volume 1 is now master volume.
Volume 2 is a push/pull which activates/deactivates middle PUP and is also
its vol. control.
Volume 3 is now a master tone.

I added .001?f caps to vol./tone pots to retain highs when rolling off volume, and this guitar is a rockin' daddy now!

Why the changes with volume controls? It was WAY too hard to make changes between PUPs because you had to use volume controls to do it. Much easier and ergonomic now.

Good luck to the both of you.

James

HI great choice of guitar. I have a L5 copy by ibanez from late70s great guitar with a surprsingly fast neck awesome tone & what a look . have seen a greco simular (in sunburst) on ebay both made in the ibanez factory i belive. wish i had the funds would bid myself .good luck in landing one

Here's your fat body on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300036940690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

Back