SLASH - GnR - Concert '92 TOKYO

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudor

Reaction score
Did you know that ???

Looked at this video and saw - amazing - that SLASH was playing a GT Tokai with a 'dimple' 8) on the headstock on

'Sweet Child Of Mine'

... outstanding tone !!

Roger

NOOOOOOOO !!!

I have to say this, because so many tried to bump this wonderful guitars - equal if there is a 'dimple' or not ... :eek: 8) :eek:

Guys in UK or Canada or somewhere else - you couldn't be wrong with your choice - the guitars are played by the most famous players in the world and nobody knows it ????

I cannot believe that I am the first one who is catching my eyes on to the guitar on this video - you can see the 'dimple' absolutely clear !? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Roger

PS. ... unfortunately I'm not able to shoot a pic of the performance ...

I don't see the headstock nipple. Check it out here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYH5TBdwyWg

After the first screaming of Axel Rose - when SLASH begins to play the Intro-solo - my favourite solo on earth ...

The sight from the left over his shoulder - look at the headstock !!!!

If you don't see it - it's not my fault ... but it is clear enough !!!

... and you have the chance to stop in the right moment ... as I did to verify it !!!

That's all I can give you for your convenience !!!

Roger

PS. Am I now participated on your sales ???? :lol:

BaggyPants said:
I stopped the video on full screen. It's a trick of the light. No dimple. It's an open book Gibson headstock.

Thats what I think too. There are other videos on Youtube from this concert and you can see the Gibson logo on one of the other songs he uses the GT on. Slash did have some of his guitars custom made though so it might not be an actual Gibson.

Wow, if that doesn't prove Rick Derringer played the solo in the studio I don't know what would. Completely different approach to bends, totally different string vibrato, etc.

...And how about that drummer drifting about three beats per minute up and down throughout the song.

Classic song, good record, fun enough vid, not great players.

It's a real Gibbo. They had it in UK Guitarist a couple of years ago. Great guitar.

What makes you say it was Rick Derringer? Never heard that one before! Sounds like Slash to me - on heroin probably, playing a bit fast, but still sounds like him 8)

What makes me think Slash didn't play on the recordings?

I had a long post here, but it all it would do is insight discomfort on this otherwise peaceful forum.

My experiences, and opinions don't need full public airing.

Sorry to those who read it...edited out now.

Hey Sneaky, always enjoyed your posts, sorry if I have been more vocal than appropriate.

I also would rather play than talk.

Hmmm...used to love Rick Derringer's playing :p
And Slash used to play a '59 replica made by Chris Derrig

whether it was Slash playing on the record or not....it's irrelevant.....they were both dodgy..........now...... yngwie malmsteen that was a cool groundbreaking guitarist :wink:

(before anyone bites my head off....I'm only messing)

wanorak

Back