New guy with a ZW bulleyes question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millertime

Reaction score
well, this is my frist post in the tokai forum.

this summer i bought a MIK goldtop from a shop in mississauga ontoario and LOVE it.

yesterday i took deleivery of a MIK bullseyye model love rock and i just have a few questions.

I was wondering if there were any SOLID numbers on how many of these were built? ive als read in north american , only canadian dealers could sell them. any truth to this?

also, i heard tokai was done selling guitars in north america. period. ive been told a lawsuit was put on them and they will no longer be sold in canada or the US.

thanks!!!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!! :lol:

Look at this at "announcements" .... :wink:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6551

Roger

ok.. but two posts under the link you gave me on the announcements page, is this

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6500

the headline stating that
"Just informed by JSD'S guitars that Tokai will not be making guitars anymore for the Canadian market,Gibson is putting the screws to the canadian market and I suspect it is just not worth the battle."

so were they or werent they making them? ive called 3 different music stores and had the same story.

OK,

please look at all the referring threads to this point at "announcements" and you'll be up to date regarding the order of dating ...

That's all we know !!

Roger

so lemme try to get this all straight then

given the order of the posts. gibson was suing tokai for copyright issues in canada, and due to this lawsuit they had not been importing since 2004, or they had only had no distributor and gibson was suing for future importing into the country?

in the meantime, several links off the main page of this website, and local shops around me continue to sell tokais. so they are selling old stock, or are they selling fakes? wouldnt a reputable guitar shop know that what they had was counterfiet??

I can only refer to what I'm reading and I'm far, far away to prove what kind of guitar they are selling there ... :-? ... No fakes, beware !!

I think it's better for you to contact JSD to get your info firsthanded ...

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6500

... but it seems so that Godlyke will supply the North American (Canada included) market in the future - except the business of JSD, as far as I know ... :-?

Roger

There is a lot of misinformation going around and I'm not gonna add fuel to the fire 'cause what do I know, I just sell them. All I'm gonna say is don't believe everything you read, many people think they know the whole story or have been intentionally misinformed but what they really know is jack. Private dealings between a manufacturer and distributor are just that....private. Anyone claiming to know what really is going on behind the sceens is lying to you.

As far as the Bullseye goes, I'm pretty sure I mentioned to you that there aren't that many of them around, there were maybe 48 pieces produced at the most. Enjoy it, its a nice guitar.

JSD said:
There is a lot of misinformation going around and I'm not gonna add fuel to the fire 'cause what do I know, I just sell them. All I'm gonna say is don't believe everything you read, many people think they know the whole story or have been intentionally misinformed but what they really know is jack. Private dealings between a manufacturer and distributor are just that....private. Anyone claiming to know what really is going on behind the sceens is lying to you.

As far as the Bullseye goes, I'm pretty sure I mentioned to you that there aren't that many of them around, there were maybe 48 pieces produced at the most. Enjoy it, its a nice guitar.

please dont interperate me as being anything other than satisfied!!!! im just trying to get this all straight!!

it arrived friday with a STELLAR packing job, the case is awesome and most of all, the guitar plays like a dream. i really wanted to send you an email today to pass along my thanks, but i got tied up with some other things

i kinda figured that if some of the bigger name shops around me sold them, it was pretty straight up. JSD was SUPEREASY to deal with, answered all my quiestions on the phone.

please dont take my post as disreaspect casue its not. i love the guitar. and right now if i had the funds to buy 5 more, id do it in a heartbeat.

sorry for any confusion.

regards,

brian

Back