Favorite Guitarists?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, three more:
Steve Jones (made some crap records but he's the undisputed KING of pickslides)
Johnny Marr
Mick Ronson (RIP)

well done guitargoblin-that pretty much echoes my list!

steve jones and crap records? which ones please.

I like most of those already listed, but has anyone ever heard of Jon Dee Graham?

I saw him play with Calvin Russell (who I'd never heard of either) some years back and never saw anyone play with more passion, feeling and sheer attitude. He always played for the song too.

His own songs are good, check him out. www.jondeegraham.com

Mike.

coachman said:
well done guitargoblin-that pretty much echoes my list!

steve jones and crap records? which ones please.

Oh, I was thinking Neurotic Outsiders, which is plain embarrassing. Mercy is pretty dire too, but in my weaker moments I listen to it (when no one else is home heh-heh) :wink:
BTW, I have a Burny Custom from the 80s that can conjure up ANY sound from Jonesey's entire career! No bull.

Coachman wrote;

Quote:"....does anyone remember who the guitarist was in "Nutz".

coachman".

He was Mick Devonport and still is, I think. I was in a band that played support to Nutz in Colchester around 1977. He was **** good too - always played an early '70's SG, which he told me was his most precious.

Talking '70' rockers, does anyone recall scary clown Zal Cleminson (Senstional Alex Harvey Band), Dai Schell (Sassafrass), Del Bromham (Stray), Jan Akkerman (Focus), George Kooymans (Golden Earring), Guy Humphries (The Winkies) and Lizzy original Eric Bell?

All fantastic players IMHO.

Mike.

cheers mike

i remember Nutz doing a whistle test? Bought whatever the current album was at the time(1975)was pretty disappointed but persuaded my mate to swap it for his copy of "Raw Power". Best deal I ever made, set me up perfectly for the Pistols a year later!

Mick Davenport was never the less a fine guitarist, thanks for clearing it up for me.

Coachman

Yeah, he was the best thing about that band. Their albums were a bit tame.

You like Steve Jones (me too) but what about 'Geordie' Walker from Killing Joke as a killer rythmn player. Unusual choice of guitar too, a Gibson 295.

Mike.

never really heard enough Killing Joke but i'm sure you're correct!

Best of the bunch combining great rhythm and lead playing-DANNY KUSTOW (Tom Robinson Band)

Hi Coachman.

That's a wierd thing about Danny Kustow, his name popped into my head this morning before I looked at your last post. Does anyone know what ever happened to him? I've tried to find out a few times as he really was a great player. I think when I saw him play he was using an original Sunburst. I wonder what happened to that too? :eek:

Mike.

:eek: Wot are you tring to tell us, Togps?

I've seen this little guy several times on here since he was about 9 months old playing this same bloody piece culminating in this awsome display of technique here today. But he ain't this Kustow chappie so why the link?

Aged and Confused :oops:

Mike.

My god ... that was phantastic ... absolutely beautiful how he playes !!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good choice, togps !! 8)

Roger

Mike,

I was writing while you were posting ... :wink:

I saw that for the first time - but I can understand that it can be boring looking the same video umpteenth ... :-?

Roger

Right on, Togps - but when he graduates to the stage the chick's will come running. 8)

Mike.

Anyone mentioned or heard of Ben Granfeldt? I think he's Finnish but I know he's bloody good. :eek:

Latest posts

Back