LS 1000 30th Anniversary Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100watt

Reaction score
These are out for sale now! Similar spec to LS150, only 100 worldwide. ?999 can get you one. Anybody interested?

You'd have to presume that with all the QC issues going on lately, these guitars will be carefully checked before delivery. A high quality LS150 equivalent will do me nicely. I hope my presumption is not wrong!

I've got 2 LS150s. With the exception of a little excess filler around the inlays, they're beautiful instruments.

What problems did you have and were they sorted out?

Not so long hopefully, if they're on time. It's August tomorrow. But some people have LS150s on order since April!

Anyone else ordered one. It would be interesting to compare experiences with different dealers with these guitars.

Hi!
Any pics to see of those guitars? Colors? What makes them special?

bye, "ACY"

This is all there is so far. Based on the LS150.

Specifications
MADE IN JAPAN
LTD Edition (100 World Wide - 40 in the UK)
Colours: Heritage Dark Cherry (Even Numbers) or Violin Finish (odd Numbers)
AAA Canadian Select Solid Maple Top
One Piece Solid Mahogany Back
Mahogany one-piece deep joint - Set Neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Pearl Crown Inlays and 30th Anniversary Abalone Insert at 12th Fret
Gotoh Custom PAF Pick ups
3 way toggle switch
2 Volume, 2 Tone Switch
Gotoh Vintage Type Bridge;
Aluminium Vintage Tailpiece
Nitro-Cellulose Finish
Tokai 30th Anniversary Edition Hard Case Is Included - 30th Anniversary Livery

Do you know if these have the altered headstock or not? Where are they available from?

Cheers,

Tony

I guess they'll have the dimple headstock in the UK. I find it incredible that some people actually care about this.

Here's one from Musicground

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOKAI-30th-ANNIVERSARY-LOVE-ROCK-GUITAR-1977-2007_W0QQitemZ160012334748QQihZ006QQcategoryZ112670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jawilluk said:
I guess they'll have the dimple headstock in the UK. I find it incredible that some people actually care about this.

Point taken - it's not material and it wouldn't put me off buying one. However, given the choice, I'd prefer to have the one with the correct headstock. It obviously bothers Tokai enough to have to make different versions of headstocks (and body shapes I think) depending upon the market they're selling in.

Thanks for the specs and the links everyone - looks pretty good value for money I think.

Cheers

Tony

Tony o'Riordan said:
Point taken - it's not material and it wouldn't put me off buying one.

No criticism intended, Tony. But there are many to whom this is material. I play Tokais, others prefer Gibson copies.

Slan Leat

I quess all the LS1000s will have the dimple in the headstock. I asked today the Finnish dealer (21 years with Tokai) about LS1000 and he said that they aren't getting any of those LS1000s, only guitars with "correct" headstock are sold in Finland.

Maybe 40 to UK and 60 to Canada?

I have ordered one, but am waiting to hear the final word on exactly what the headstock will look like. I am just just assuming it will be the current UK shape, and was very dissappointed that it would not carry the "proper" shape, as they say in Finland.

Imagine a '50's style Strat with a '70's style headstock...no thanks...

Life would be so much easier if details like that didn't bother me...

Latest posts

Back