Guitar Shelter

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSL

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered for shipping to the USA through Guitar Shelter? Any Comments?
Thanks.

NOt to the usa, but to Europe. Very nice seller. Packing is good and fast. Nothing to say exept no problems. :D

I've purchased from Guitar Shelter, dealt with Yasushi (very good english), would do it again in a heartbeat.

Hi guys.
I see some of you got experience buying in guitarshelter.
Im planning get a guitar from Japan but i never do it.
What is the best option, ebay?? online shop from Japan?? private seller??
In the beggining i was considering get one on ebay but i have seen better prices in shops like guitarshelter.
Im from Spain and dont know how much could be shipping cost and if you pay duty.
Please tell me your experiences.

Thanks.

yes, you have taxes from the custom. Guitar shelter's shipping charge is not high ( well, much cheaper than some other japanese shops) but it depends of the guitar you're buying, if it's a LP junior with soft case, it won't be the same than for a Gretsch with hardcase so it's difficult to give you more infos.
They're reliable, shipping is fast. If I had to choose between guitar shelter and an ebay dealer I would go for G.S. they know the stuff they're selling, they don't lie about the items, they put the right price on the stuff they're selling, etc... It's safe, sure and less expensive.

To my point of view, I would go for private sellers only if their higher price is due to their high nowledge of the stuff they're selling. ( like villager for exemple).

well thank you ...

:)

import duty to the EU currently runs to approx 20% of the value of the guitar+shipping ..

so say the guitar is 800 euro and shipping is 200 euro you will pay 20% tax on 1000 euro ie 200 euro more..

the way the duty is applied to shipping cost and then vat applied on top of that can leave the true cost much greater than 20%.

In the uk, from my experience it is made up like this

Price of Guitar e.g ?940
Add Shipping from Japan e.g ?60
Add 3.7% import Duty = ?1037
Add 17.5% VAT = ?1218
Add ?13.75 for Parcelforce in the UK to process the customs charges

Total ? 1231

And add another ?20 if the customs decide to open the parcel...it's sad but true, you will be charged if they inspect the goods...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

And add another ?20 if the customs decide to open the parcel...it's sad but true, you will be charged if they inspect the goods...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!

I can't stand it !!!! Is that true???? :-?

It's like Italian Mafioso-standard! 8)

Roger

how can they justify that????? ?20 for what, having your parcel raped!!.

I understand that checks need to be made for drugs guns or whatever other illegal activities but surely if your parcel is legitimate they cant justify charging you ?20..

Is this only done with suspicious parcels?? whats a suspicious parcel? one wearing sunglasses or one shaped like rifle e.g a guitar carton?

Latest posts

Back